Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm just curious where my bike should be idling? It's an 02 r6 carbureted and with the choke on its around 2000+ . Right now, no joke, I've lowered it to 1500ish cause I was having a problem with it turning off on me.
Also when I take the choke off, after its warmed up,the bike turns off. This is really annoying. Idk if this is normal? Usually I have to be driving to and turn it off while riding so the bike doesn't turn off on me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your idle jet is probably gunked up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I noticed when I'm coming to a stop it's idling to high I think, it's at 2000 and it feels like BIKE doesn't want to stop n yes the choke is off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I need to get the valves adjusted and I need to have the carbs taken a part n cleaned. Is this bike worth it? I've already don't a full tune up including fuel filter. Should I keep putting money into this bike? It has around 12000 and I had planned to keep it for a few years however now it seems like it needs more and more work done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That being said, today I pulled my bike out to notice the hole the asshole before poorly patched on the side of the tank came open and leaked gas all down the right hand side of my bike. I had just ordered the new chain and sprocket this morning. Luckily this turned out to be a simple fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It must be gunned up because I just ride and while at a stop light the needle was over 2000 rpms and I keep putting it lower but it keeps jumping up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts