Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i put 04 headers on my 08 will the gytr slip on for the 2008 bolt str8 up?
i have heard of putting the 04 headers on but i didnt know how good they fit or anything. but i can always do a lil fab to them hahah!!! lemme know if anyone has any info or knows someone selling some headers!!!!!!!!!

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Why don't you just have your header modified?? mjsperformance removes your cat and honeycombs, welds on a midpipe, and sprays it with ceramic for $215. From what I hear, the quality of his work is good. Plus it works with any '06-'08 aftermarket slip-on. Some board members have already done this and seemed satisfied with the results. I plan to do it too when I get back to the states.
Here's the site: http://www.mjsperformance.com/r60608raceheader.htm

Why would you want to go through the headache of finding some '03-'05 headers and then having to mod it yourself to make it fit on the bike?? Not to mention the fact that you'd also have to modify the end of the header to be able to mount an '06-'08 aftermarket slip-on on it. Do yourself a favor if you don't want to shell out the money for a full system and get your header modded. :secret

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i was talkin to do frm that place after i posted this thread lol and im just gonna buy a set of headers from him so i can keep my stock ones. bc if something happens to the bike the dealership said warranty wont cover it if i have taken the cat out. so if something happens im just gonna throw the stock one back on lol but thanks anyways!!! i am going to do thru him now

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
You know, I wanted to do that too, but the thing about that is he doesn't have any in stock right now according to his website so you'd be waiting for it for a while. I wanted to keep my stock one too because I'm getting stationed in Japan soon, and they have emissions testing over there. I'm not sure if I'd be able to pass if I modded my header so in the event that I didn't, I'd have the stock one to throw back on. idk man...

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Sorry man. I can't view the pics on that thread. The base I'm currently deployed to blocks out pic-hosting sites like photobucket. :(

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
yeah, it's pretty ****in' gay!! 2 more weeks of this shit!! :nocontrol

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Man, if I could afford a Skyline, I sure as hell wouldn't be in the military!! :thumbdown

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hear ya lol i would die to have one but thats way out of the question lol im only 18. but when i get outta community college i will be making around 30 an hr at 40 hrs a week. might not have a skyline, but my R6 will be tight haha

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats my old truck lol i miss it tho, it was bagged and body dropped 4 inches. it would lay body

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! would any body know if the headers for the 2001 and 2004 R6 are interchangeable with each other? I mean that will it fit from the cylinder head holes?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts