790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u have race or street BMC filter?

how easy was it to fit it in?

thnx

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wow... I would have gladly answered that question, but why make it seem like an urgent warning?
Just ask your question and someone will answer. Don't try to trick someone into answering.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
it fits just fine...BUT, you have to take out the filter AND the plastic piece it sits in...then it all fits fine.

The first time I did mine, I was like WTF!!!??? Then realized there was another piece to take out, then it all fit just fine.

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Was this your idea of a joke? Because if it was im not laughing. (In case you can't tell...im being sarcastic) BTW I don't have a BMC Filter. I do have an R6S though...i thought it was going to be a "recall" type thread.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Nah, the BMC filter is a one piece filter that replaces 2 pieces on the stock filter. So at first try it doesn't fit. Once you remove the 2nd piece of plastic that has the grooves and guides for the stock filter (it just pulls up) then the BMC filter fits perfect, and the top will seal properly.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! going to the garage right now... it took me 2 filters and week of compaining to my vendor that filter doesnt fit.... who knew there was the second layer, huh....

will update this thread with results

A_Town17, i didnt mean to pull extra attention but i've asked the question several times and pple were saying it should fit right in, but those were owners of 03-05 or later r6, so i thought i should ask this question from R6S owners....

thanks to all who replied
p.s. there was a how to but it didnt mention the second layer....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts