Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....I've never posted before but I've been cruisin through this forum for awhile now......usually been able to find the answers to my questions on here but now I'm stumped.......How do you get the bolt that holds the ignition rotor on, off? It just wants to spin.....

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
removing advancer

I used a quick jerking motion with a breaker bar (to pun intended), to loosen it. Apparently, I couldn't use the same technique to put the aftermarket one back on. So I used one of the cushioned handle of a slip joint plier and wedged it between one of the tooths of the advancer and the closest part where that tooth meets the inside of the casing where the advancer goes. Basically, just to stop the advancer from rotating while I torqued it (25 lbs, I think).

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
You could buy an electric impact gun from Harbor Freight or Walmart (maybe). Use it to take off the bolt and then return it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys......I got it. There is a star bit screw right behind the rotor.
I stuck a screwdriver into it so that the little arms on the rotor would push the screwdriver when I torqued on it. Sorry it took so long to reply, my boss has had me under a magnifying glass lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts