Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2007 yamaha r6 that has the security tripped. Someone tried to steal the bike but we're unsuccessful . In doing so the ignition cylinder was totally destroyed ,but it looks like the electrically code reader was not hurt. I have all my keys including the red key. My question is can I purchase a blank cylinder and have it cut to fit my key or can i purchase a new switch with a new key and have the new ignition recoded to my computer.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Hello I have a 2007 yamaha r6 that has the security tripped. Someone tried to steal the bike but we're unsuccessful . In doing so the ignition cylinder was totally destroyed ,but it looks like the electrically code reader was not hurt. I have all my keys including the red key. My question is can I purchase a blank cylinder and have it cut to fit my key or can i purchase a new switch with a new key and have the new ignition recoded to my computer.
I'm not sure if you can do any of those things. The only thing I've heard of is having the ECU flashed to disable the imobilizer. Then you can use any key/ignition solution you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts