Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dropped my bike doing a wheelie and hit my ignition in the process (bent my key as well). The ignition is still in good shape, but for some reason i cant turn the key (fixed bent key or the spare)....

my question is if theres any way i can bypass the ignition and hot wire it somehow? i dont really have money right now to fix it and its a stunt bike so i rather fix the important things first to get it running..

in advance thank u for the help .. hopefully u guys have some suggestions

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You can do the race bike setup if you want. Go buy a switch from radio shack. There are 4 wires going to your ignition; a thick red one, a thick brown one, and two striped ones. Follow all 4 under your tank/frame and disconnect. Jump the two striped ones together, and run the red to one side of your switch, the brown to the other side.

Also, I don't fully believe your story, so have fun with your stolen bike :\

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, no i swear.. let me take pictures and figure out how to post pics on here and ill show u.. its crazy ... i couldnt believe it either!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
we'll start off with my bent key (was bent more but i bent it back a little)

the ignition.. if u look closely it probably flipped nose first and ruined my headlight

which comes to my front end haha.. took out my headlight

my bent tank which is going to be dented in soon

messed up tail

bent powers cage.. the other side is good though

broken stator

and i was wondering how much would it cost to get a new ignition... is it hard to install myself?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol so funny, with all of that damage, ignition seems to be the last thing to worry about.

haah ur telling me... but, i only mentioned that cuz im taking care of everything else.. just had questions with my ignition.. wanted to get my bike running without spending money on the ignition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts