Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh i guess this summer's been bad for me. 1st somebody stole my mirrors then few months after, yesterday somebody broke into my car stole my radar detector, cd player, paintball equipt ~$800, garage opener and mos :cuss t important my R6 key attached to my opener!!!! :cuss well i reprogrammed my garage so that's ok....now my concern is my 6. not sure if any you u guys already changed your "ignition key hole", if so how long ang $ did it cost? thanks....now i have my 6 chained to my dog's house!! bwahahahha :twisted: hope my dog swallows them WHOLE!! thanks in advance..

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ok check this out. the day i went to pick up my six, it was sitting outside the dealer, key in it. I went in to sign papers, come out, key gone! (The only key mind you.) Took ~2 hrs to get a new one, you can go to a dealer, they call into yamaha with your VIN and can make a new key. This will be a lot cheaper than replacing the whole ignition switch. If you're worried about them(thieves) coming back to take it, see if your INS will cover the replacment of the whole switch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i called my dealer and he told me the ignition/harness etc. will cost me 130+70/hr labor! that's also excluding the tank keyhole....I HATE THIS!! DAMN THIEVES!! so for now been chaining mine big time! I might try to find a wrecked R6 w/ this intact ignition and keys! thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
You can find ignitions w/keys on ebay for really cheap. you will just have to keep a different key for the passenger seat and the gas. My bud just had to replace a shorted ignition switch on his ZX-7R and he got the ignition switch for 40 bucks off ebay.

Then to save on labor cost we tore down all the farings and took it to the shop like that so all they had to do was pull the old one and press in the new switch. They only charged 50 for the hour of labor it took them. It saved himmm 150 labor and 220 parts buy tearing off all the stuff and just having them do the switch.

·
Can u c my turn signals?
128 Posts
Here is the deal I am replacing my ignition system with a UK version near the end of the month. I will be replacing all the locks at the same time. so I will have a whole lock set with two keys and the ignition still attached to the top tirple for sell at that time.
I for one could not wait that long so if I was you I would check out this ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488794410&category=35599
Just let me know if you are interested in getting my soon to be spare lock/ignition set.

Good Luck!!! :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.