Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2012 yzf-r6. The license plate is tucked bottom of under tail where its not fully visible from behind and angled almost flat due to the bike being lowered. I'm not looking to get stopped.Luckily, I haven't yet been stopped but it's only a matter of time before I do with this setup. My question is, if I raise the rear should I raise the front to? Also, is this pretty easy to do yourself? Don't I just turn that screw on left hand side to raise or lower it.I'd like to just raise the rear and leave the front as is. I just need enough space for the plate to display horizontal for the police. Then I can adjust the compressor thing for desired rebound or stiffness. Were can I find stock ride hieght measurements. I think I kind of understand just need advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
take the lowering link out, and replace it with stock.

but if you do that and leave those forks the way they are now the bike will handles suuuper weird. I can guarantee you wont like riding it lol

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Don't I just turn that screw on left hand side to raise or lower it.I'd like to just raise the rear and leave the front as is. I just need enough space for the plate to display horizontal for the police. Then I can adjust the compressor thing for desired rebound or stiffness. Were can I find stock ride hieght measurements. I think I kind of understand just need advice.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
:bowroll at High Side's pic.

Since your front is also lowered, then yes you would need to raise it too. But none of those adjustments are for changing the ride height. To get back to stock ride height you would need to get the OEM dog bones back on the shock linkage, and drop the forks so only 2 lines are extending above the top clamp.

If you're worried about getting hassled about the plate, then move it by the taillight where most bikes have it. Raising the ride height will barely make any difference to plate visibility and you could still easily and legitimately be hassled for it.

Then head over to the suspension setup section and do some reading to learn about what those adjustments actually do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this has nothing to do with your question but did you have your seats upholstered or did you buy the 09 seats? ive been wanting to do that to my bike but wasn't sure how it would look. Looks clean

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
:bowroll at High Side's pic.

Since your front is also lowered, then yes you would need to raise it too. But none of those adjustments are for changing the ride height. To get back to stock ride height you would need to get the OEM dog bones back on the shock linkage, and drop the forks so only 2 lines are extending above the top clamp.

If you're worried about getting hassled about the plate, then move it by the taillight where most bikes have it. Raising the ride height will barely make any difference to plate visibility and you could still easily and legitimately be hassled for it.

Then head over to the suspension setup section and do some reading to learn about what those adjustments actually do.
If I don't have a dog, where in the hell am I supposed to find a dog bone?

Gah. What help you've been...

:curse

1 - 10 of 10 Posts