Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Completed My First Novel - Looking @ Summer 2019 For Publication

As the title states, I'm 48k words into my first novel. For the last few years, I've had this idea for a book/screen play regarding certain aspects of the world that haven't been touched on too much. I started it to take my mind off of the BS at work, and progress was initially slow. Then when I was no longer working, I put the pedal down. On my free time while looking for a new job (you know chillin' at the beach, chillin' in hotel rooms on vacation, visits to different cities and tracks) I've been letting my imagination run wild. I just finished chapter 6, and I have three more chapters to knock out. Next, it's on to me proof reading it then sending it to a proofer/editor.

I promise you that any active member on the board will love the drama/suspense/action/adventure/and the realness of the story. Stay tuned and buy a copy once it's completed.

Let the questions fly, but I can't reveal too much. :surprise:

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just finished chapter 7. The way I initially outlined the story, it only contained 9 chapters. Now I only have two more to go. As of now, I'm 54,912 words in. It's 85 pages long now which equates to about 201 manuscript. I'm ballparking the final word count to be about 67,000 before editing and proofing. Then we'll see what happens from there. Time will tell.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'll just leave this here while I go back in and start the next phase of trying to get this as close to prefection as I can.

Thanks for the support.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be looking for Beta readers pretty soon. Is there anyone who's an avid reader who may be interested?

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is just a teaser to hopefully wet your appetite.

"...Before anyone could release their clutch, all six helmets turned in unison to see what was approaching from around the bend. To their surprise, they saw a Ferrari 488 Pista, a Corvette ZR-1, a Lotus Exige, a Tesla Roadster, a BMW 1M, a Mazda RX-7, and a pro-touring 1967 Chevy II speeding around the twin north bound freshly paved lanes. The Ferrari and Corvette were leading the pack, while the Chevy II was calmly following the pack a few car lengths behind. As the cars exited the apex of the curve a few feet from where breakfast had just been eaten, the only thing that could be heard was the ear gratifying concerto coming from the steel and titanium exhaust pipes of those magnificently engineered machines. The soothing off pitched hum from the exhaust made the fluid in the six motorcyclists’ spinal cavities resonate sending a chilling yet soothing sensation throughout their bodies. The moment was so powerful and raw as the cars accelerated towards the exit marker, it made each person's body slightly pitch forward onto their toes in a slow climaxing gesture. The sound continued to carry on through the winding road as they moved away from the six motorcyclists.

What seemed like a millisecond later, small rocks and dust could be seen thrown into the air from the 200/55ZR17 Metzler Racetec RR mounted on the rear wheel of the Aprilia RSV4...."

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is just a teaser to hopefully wet your appetite.

"...Before anyone could release their clutch, all six helmets turned in unison to see what was approaching from around the bend. To their surprise, they saw a Ferrari 488 Pista, a Corvette ZR-1, a Lotus Exige, a Tesla Roadster, a BMW 1M, a Mazda RX-7, and a pro-touring 1967 Chevy II speeding around the twin north bound freshly paved lanes. The Ferrari and Corvette were leading the pack, while the Chevy II was calmly following the pack a few car lengths behind. As the cars exited the apex of the curve a few feet from where breakfast had just been eaten, the only thing that could be heard was the ear gratifying concerto coming from the steel and titanium exhaust pipes of those magnificently engineered machines. The soothing off pitched hum from the exhaust made the fluid in the six motorcyclists’ spinal cavities resonate sending a chilling yet soothing sensation throughout their bodies. The moment was so powerful and raw as the cars accelerated towards the exit marker, it made each person's body slightly pitch forward onto their toes in a slow climaxing gesture. The sound continued to carry on through the winding road as they moved away from the six motorcyclists.

What seemed like a millisecond later, small rocks and dust could be seen thrown into the air from the 200/55ZR17 Metzler Racetec RR mounted on the rear wheel of the Aprilia RSV4...."
Sounds amazing!!! Really awesome work and exciting finishing a book! I've started the process but my ADHD brain kicks in and I think of other projects I want to work on and start and I get all confused as to where to put my energy ;)

Too much to do and too little time! I'd be interested in reading it when it comes out.

Misti

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds amazing!!! Really awesome work and exciting finishing a book! I've started the process but my ADHD brain kicks in and I think of other projects I want to work on and start and I get all confused as to where to put my energy ;)

Too much to do and too little time! I'd be interested in reading it when it comes out.

Misti
Thanks.

I'm in the final stretch of my second edit. It requires a lot of focus and dedication, and it's completely different from anything else I've ever accomplished. I'm sure it'll get some serious streamlining and smoothing on the third edit.

·
Fortune Favors The Bold
19 Posts
You still in the process of making this? I know im reviving a thread but it sounds really good!!

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You still in the process of making this? I know im reviving a thread but it sounds really good!!
Yes, I am. I received the first chapter back from my new editor, and we're about to meet to discuss the rest of the project. The first chapter has been cleaned up a lot to make for a much better read as I'm not a professional writer. I'm still combing through it, but it's coming along.

Thanks for the follow-up. Oh, and I have some Beta-readers taking a dive into it as well. So far, I'm getting if anyone is a gear head or loves riding/action, they'll love it. Also, I've been told it builds up a lot of suspense in the first three chapters that makes readers want to continue reading it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts