Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Fortune Favors The Bold
19 Posts
Yes, I am. I received the first chapter back from my new editor, and we're about to meet to discuss the rest of the project. The first chapter has been cleaned up a lot to make for a much better read as I'm not a professional writer. I'm still combing through it, but it's coming along.

Thanks for the follow-up. Oh, and I have some Beta-readers taking a dive into it as well. So far, I'm getting if anyone is a gear head or loves riding/action, they'll love it. Also, I've been told it builds up a lot of suspense in the first three chapters that makes readers want to continue reading it.
Awesome! Ill definitely keep my eye on this thread and follow the journey :grin:

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I'm not sure who's all interested, but the edits are progressing phenomenally. I'm setting a tentative deadline of this summer for publication. It's getting to be a more of a smooth read, and it's coming along. I got very little negative feedback, some neutral feedback, and some good/great feedback. I'm telling you, if you ride or just love to enjoy life, this book is for you.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Very small piece from my book:

The waiter gave a warm smile and walked away. The conversation at the table was centered around becoming more acquainted with the two new women joining the group. Continuing to drink and laugh while waiting for their food, Lines leaned over to his new woman.

He whispered to her, "do you want to dance?"

After the shot and a glass of champagne, she was feeling light and free like a silk scarf blowing on a windy Spring day. She leaned over in an attempt to make it look like she was whispering in his ear.

She said to him, “I’d love to” while licking on the edge of his ear.

The couple got up, and they walked over to a small area next to an unmanned piano. Their arms reached for one another, and they began to hold each other in dance position. As the music played in the background, Lines had a firm grip on her torso. It gave her the feeling of protection and comfort. The two of them began to move in unison to the music together. The smell of her perfume made Lines want to pick her up, put her on the piano, and push himself deep inside of her. However, he knew they were in a public place, and he had to maintain his composure. Simultaneously, the emotions she experienced made her feel light on her feet from his presence and his scent. She began to become more and more aroused, and she could feel her vagina getting wet. As the song came to an end, they began to separate. Those two received many smiles and soft applauds from onlookers in the restaurant.

Lines whispered in her ear, “tell the table I’m going to the bathroom.”

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
More progress.

Manuscript Critique : ...Done...
Comprehensive Edit : ...Done...
Minor Tweaking : ...In Progress...
Copy Editing : ...Coming Soon...
Proof Reading : ...Coming Soon...
Publication : Summer 2019

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Getting ready to head to final proofing. Pre-orders are already on deck. Finishing up on the last of the content editing.

With 80,000 words, there's bound to be a mistake. It'll get taken care of with final proofing.

"...he was on his way through the bedroom door..."

#hardwork #dedication

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Synopsis updated. Slight tweaks to appeal more to readers. Final touches are being put in place.

Marquis “Move Out” Mariolis had huge aspirations of using his athletic ability to change his life leaving behind his mischievous ways as a teen. With the help of his high school coach, Move Out began to mature into a distinguished young man. His entire life changed when a lie brought his world to a crashing halt. Although the truth eventually prevailed, the damage done to his life and goals set him on a new path. Obtaining influential guidance from those who learned from past mistakes, Move Out adapted to his new journey. As an adult, he developed even larger goals to ensure the youth from his community didn’t follow criminal ways. He sought to make a difference in his community and the world. Marquis built a hidden empire without the help of his extremely successful friends to offer them full deniability. His plan was to use the resources from his empire to witness his goals come to fruition. Move Out's ultimate goal was centered around getting the underprivileged to the upper echelon of motorcycle racing. While striving to make a difference, him and his five closest friends lived like tomorrow would never arrive. Throughout his journey, Move Out learned the best-laid plans can go awry even with the best intentions in mind.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
when do you want to finish?
Book is done. It's now going through minor tweaks to ensure there are no errors - readability and production. Prototypes are on deck and they're looking healthy.

Pre-orders are also coming in. Get your copy early.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Even with everything going on in the background...

The very first two published copies. Let's get it.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts