Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mad Modder
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone - just came over to the darkside from Honda. or is that the other way around??

anyway, love my new R6 even though its broke. anybody want to come over and turn a wrench???

<-- thats not really me... even though i hope to be as thin as him someday -- :jester

:worship

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE, id love to come turn a wrench but i cant make it to georgia and back to texas in time for work. by the way i want a doobie snack so could ya send me one in the mail :mrgreen: :cheers

·
Mad Modder
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok - ive got a question. i want to hear the home team perspective... riding a honda all you hear about is honda and suzuki, honda and suzuki...

why doesnt the R6 and R1 get more respect than they do?? theyre by far some of the better looking bikes, and respectable power. how come theyre never mentioned when the "fastest bike" conversation rears its ugly head???

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
Whorepedo said:
ok - ive got a question. i want to hear the home team perspective... riding a honda all you hear about is honda and suzuki, honda and suzuki...

why doesnt the R6 and R1 get more respect than they do?? theyre by far some of the better looking bikes, and respectable power. how come theyre never mentioned when the "fastest bike" conversation rears its ugly head???
i think alot of it comes down to who you hang out with really. cause if u check sport rider magazines moto shootout of 2003 the R6 came in a very very very very very very very close second place to the powerhouse of 03, the gixxer 1000. and it only won cause of its 152HP. its lap time was like one hundredth faster then the R6's(dont quote me on that) but none the less, it speaks wonders about the yammie. another reason might be that yammie owners know what they got and dont flaunt it, they just ride it and kick gixxer, honda, and kawi ASS.
:worship

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
the fastest bike goes straight....

The fastest and able to actually handle well, noone wants to hear that, cuz the top speed is less than the straight shot.

I think if you look at the 600 Sportbike Class rankings, that is all that needs to be said :) 12 of the top 20 on Yamaha...AND it is the best looking!!! :boob

1 Jason DiSalvo - YAM -37
2 Roger Lee Hayden -32
3 Tommy Hayden -29
4 Aaron Gobert - YAM -28
5 Jamie Hacking - YAM -26
6 Michael Barnes - YAM -25
7 Aaron Yates -24
8 Damon Buckmaster - YAM -23
9 Steve Rapp -22
10 Tony Meiring -21
11 Jason Perez - YAM -20
12 Lee Acree 19
13 Scott Greenwood - YAM -18
14 Pedro Valiente - YAM -17
15 John Bowman - YAM - 16
16 Danny Eslick -15
17 Jason Smith - YAM -14
18 Nathan Hester - YAM -13
19 Darren Luck -12
20 Giovanni Rojos - YAM -11

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No brings up Yamaha cause they are always so jealous :hammer

But seriously, with the 03 R6 and now the 04 R1, other owners have NOTHING to put Yamaha down for. Yamaha has done their homework, and passed with flying colors!

I too came from Honda to yamaha. In fact, just about bought a 600rr, but got the R6 instead.........VERY glad i did VERY!

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
yoda said:
the fastest bike goes straight....

The fastest and able to actually handle well, noone wants to hear that, cuz the top speed is less than the straight shot.

I think if you look at the 600 Sportbike Class rankings, that is all that needs to be said :) 12 of the top 20 on Yamaha...AND it is the best looking!!! :boob

1 Jason DiSalvo - YAM -37
2 Roger Lee Hayden -32
3 Tommy Hayden -29
4 Aaron Gobert - YAM -28
5 Jamie Hacking - YAM -26
6 Michael Barnes - YAM -25
7 Aaron Yates -24
8 Damon Buckmaster - YAM -23
9 Steve Rapp -22
10 Tony Meiring -21
11 Jason Perez - YAM -20
12 Lee Acree 19
13 Scott Greenwood - YAM -18
14 Pedro Valiente - YAM -17
15 John Bowman - YAM - 16
16 Danny Eslick -15
17 Jason Smith - YAM -14
18 Nathan Hester - YAM -13
19 Darren Luck -12
20 Giovanni Rojos - YAM -11
thats another way to show it, see the yammie doesnt have to be hyped up, it just perfoms to prove itself :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.