Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought an 01 r6 from some guy. Everything was fine till a few days after purchase, i rolled the bike outta the garage, and the it didnt start, just made a clicking noise. I dont know much about motorcycles yet, but can someone please suggest some kinda solution to this. i wanna be able to go to the shop and tell them whats wrong rather than them telling me and i have no idea and possibly get ripped off. The battery is brand spanking new (i bought it myself) and as far as i know, everything was fine with the bike till the 3rd day. ANY SUGGESTIONS????

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
make sure the terminals are on the battery good and tight and that they are free of corrosion too.

I'm assuming it ran fine until this point? You have gas? Simple but we sometimes forget how little is in there when we return from a ride or it could be that you had some old gas that was in there before that has now got to the end and all the coagulated crap in it is causing fuel delivery problems. coulda run fine before the contaminents fouled it up.

just throwin shit out there........

·
Registered
222 Posts
^---indeed... try the simple stuff first... always rule out the battery in situations like this because more than half the time thats what it is. Bike batteries aren't as robust as car batteries... it doesn't take much to drain them. Leaving the lights on for even a relatively short time can do it. I've had bike batteries drain overnight when the temperature dips low enough... I just jump em and ride for 30 minutes or so and they are always back to normal.

·
Registered
222 Posts
One other thing.. you said you just bought the battery. Did you have the battery conditioned before installing it on the bike? I'm not totally positive about these sealed gel batteries you get for the R6, but my other bike uses the old-skool solution type battery. Its a good idea to do this, as (I'm told) batteries that are not given a full charge before initial use can lose a great deal of their capacity which cannot be recovered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.