Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
think about it.....if someone really needed to sell the bike...don't you think he/she will post VIN#..... just my .02 cent this is a scam.

·
Perfection is on 2 wheels
75 Posts
NOOO... they will ask you to do western union. Trust me. DONT. You can email him and see what they say. But dont bid. Trust me. Big time SCAM. Just read the bottom right of the AD about scams.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Definitely a scam!!! $3,200 for an 07 no way, this is a text book scam. See how you can't even email the person through ebay, you have to contact him through his email. That is a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
it is a scam, someone hacks into a legit persons account, (usually by sending fake spoof emails pretending to be Ebay and saying you need to re-verify your username and password on this or that link), and then posts that information and tells you where to send them money and then the owner of the account gets in trouble for it. And of course you are out the $$ with no bike.

think about it - why would it say "do not ask questions using the ebay system or i wont answer"? obviously he doesn't have access to the email that the legit user has to answer the questions so he wants you to email his own personal email.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Come on guys don’t pee in his Kool-Aid this is totally legitimate. I me come on its on E-Bay.. They screen for stuff like fraudulent auctions.. It looks like you have found your self a good deal. Better act quick Im thinking about buy it.

:eek5

Better yet. I’ll buy the bike and sell it to you for HAFE. Why would I do this you ask?? Well I just got a letter from my distant uncle from Nigeria and it turns out Im eligible for a huge long lost family inheritance. Here’s the deal you Papal me half the money for the bike and Ill do the rest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hm yea, I e-mailed him couple hours ago and no reply yet, I asked for the VIN #.

It's probably a scam... But I want to see what the seller has to say about it before I jump into big conclusions heh.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Come on guys don’t pee in his Kool-Aid this is totally legitimate. I me come on its on E-Bay.. They screen for stuff like fraudulent auctions.. It looks like you have found your self a good deal. Better act quick Im thinking about buy it.

:eek5

Better yet. I’ll buy the bike and sell it to you for HAFE. Why would I do this you ask?? Well I just got a letter from my distant uncle from Nigeria and it turns out Im eligible for a huge long lost family inheritance. Here’s the deal you Papal me half the money for the bike and Ill do the rest.
payment sent!!!!
sweet i got me this bad ass r6 for half off.....i can't wait to recieve it in the mail....im gonna post pics. on r6-forum.com about my sweet new ride..

·
Registered
235 Posts
payment sent!!!!
sweet i got me this bad ass r6 for half off.....i can't wait to recieve it in the mail....im gonna post pics. on r6-forum.com about my sweet new ride..
Your going to love your new bike! Ill tell you guys what... Im not made out of money but Ill do this for the next 25 people that send me money. After that IM DONE! only 25 more times. (Send that money quick)

O fyrefyter I just called yamaha and Im having them ship you a fresh bike off the line. Its going to take a little bit but no worry! Youll get your bike. :sing

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
Its been pulled...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2007 Yamaha YZF-R R6 Perfect Condition!. I want you to know that I closed my auction earlier because someone has offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available.
Now the bike is still available. It is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage, Always garaged, Always covered. Everything about this bike functions perfectly. Incredible power, handling and reliability. If you are interested in buying, the price is $ 3,200 US.
I had to move with my family in United Kingdom where I got a new job transfer. I brought the bike here with me but when I found out about the very high import duties and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I've decided to sell the bike. I want to sell it in US because is still registered there. It is made for US market and has US specs on it. The buyer will receive it along with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it in his name.

The transaction will be done through Ebay for our own protection, no money first to me. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade.
Your funds will be 100% insured by Ebay until you will receive and inspect the bike, and I will be sure that I will receive the payment.
You will have 10 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you want to buy my bike then e-mail me:
Full name for the title,
Shipping address

As soon as I have this information I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Matt Hamilton
This is what he replied to me in e-mail today.

LoL

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've seen a couple that say that they divorced their husband and got the bike in the settlement. They really go all out to convince you. This other one I saw was the seller/scam er gave the VIN and my buddy ran the VIN on Carfaxs and everything was clean. Then the guy wanted a Money Gram and I told my buddy not to do it. So, he emailed him back and the scam er sent him a photo shopped ebay order which was quit clever. Told friend to send it to ebay scam. Of course it was a scam. It's always fun to flag scams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts