Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think I would get addicted this easily but I just went to my first track day (Jennings GP). Even though I didn't ride and just helped my buddy set up (09 ZX6-R) it was a great day and had a lot of excitement and energy.

Josh Herrin was out there and I was surprised.

Only bad thing was that my friend's bike had issues with the electrical. I'm thinking it's the rectifier so he only got to go 2-3 laps around the track.

I know, cool story bro. But screw the streets.

Pics will be up soon.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm not getting a new bike. I'm saying eventually when I do, i'll be at jennings within a month of the purchase :(

dude, that IS cold for us lol. It's in the 40's here tonight and by how everyone is dressed you'd think it's like another ice age
Yeah it was pretty cold. My friend's finger nails broke off. He was saying the windblast at his neck was freezing him when he went on his first lap.

40's is nice. This winter has been a joke though, thankfully.
40's IS nice. It warmed up a little later in the day with the sun. 35 - 40ish with the sun, still a bit of chilly wind.

Attachments

·
I am "that" guy...
312 Posts
Yeah welcome to the track junkie club. I am counting the days till I get back. only 33 days and 11.5 hours left....

ugh FML 33 days and 11.5 hours feels like an eternity!!

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lmfao, I'm thinking of how much money this is going to cost me. Before I didn't think I was going to go on the track but now I'm considering it since the open freedomness of the pavement and speeds.

Wonder if it's more or less expensive then a drug addiction.

·
Le Troll
3,338 Posts
lmfao, I'm thinking of how much money this is going to cost me. Before I didn't think I was going to go on the track but now I'm considering it since the open freedomness of the pavement and speeds.

depends on the quality of the blow :fact

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts

its a lil cheaper to ride track lol, but the addiction is bout the same haha

i did my first day there last month. like they said youll never be the same again. It was fcukin awesome huh. i had fun just meeting a lot of people who have the same passion for bikes as i do.

wait till you ride that track and hit turn 2 and 12-14. life gets boring after that, you just cant get that feeling any other way. Not even with drugs lol

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Most of the track seemed easy, aside from Turn 7 which had skid marks and noticeable wrecks.

Guy on KTM went down the first time around.
That's turn 8. It is easy to ride it, no really difficult sections. It's just hard to go fast. Gotta pick the lines right to go fast.

sent from my Nokia...wait wat?

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Oh and turn 8 isn't hard its just a tight turn like 180* all those marks on the ground can distract you and make you nervous but its the same as any other turn imo

sent from my Nokia.. .wait wat?

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
That turn had me nervous for a while.
A experienced rider lost her life on t8 the day before I got there. Rip Natasha. And that messed with my head a lil

sent from my Nokia...wait wat?

·
Team STG Racing
337 Posts
It's all downhill from here. :laugh Now you will never stop thinking about going back. :yes
+1

They say it is more addictive than drugs...and i believe it. The deeper you get into it, the more addictive it becomes. If you want to be good at it, then it has to be a lifestyle.

From the second i wake up till the second i go to sleep, im thinking "what could i be doing right now to be a better rider". Every meal is planned, i workout 2-3 times a day...every day. I study youtube videos of the tracks i ride, read various articles on the internet, discuss our next plan of attack for our next event with Jason etc.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts