Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i'm back with an '09 R6 bitches :sing decided i didn't want to crash my R1 at the track and figured i'd be faster on the 600 too...i'm going to be making it a full time track beast...already have a couple goodies lined up for it..i'm mainly just focusing on suspension and braking; not so worried about the power (since us mere mortals can't extract what a stock 600 has to offer right?:rolleyes: ) I'm waiting on my racetech valving and springs (for the forks) in the mail right now

I'll be updating this biotch as more stuff comes in...also, open to ideas on what else i should get for her..i've been debating if rearsets are a must and i really want some track fairings (badly!)...what do u guys think? (rearsets and track fairings could buy me a lot of track days for next season :secret ) Let me know and enjoy the thread :D

here she is!

bought a couple bare essential mods - goodridge SS lines, Carbonne lorraine pads, and free preload adjusters

couldn't get the Fren Tubo's cuz i sprang for this beast!

and here are both bikes :)

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Lucky.. I hate you. Just kidding, the bike(s) look awesome. No but seriously, no one likes you.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
type 1 FT's only $105 in my group buys. :fact

and i swear to god, if i catch you with any other sock on those reservoirs than an r1-forum sock for the liter, and an r6-forum sock for the 6, ima call t-1, and have him come to your house and fist you WITHOUT spitting on it first. :|

:lmao :sing :D

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Rich bastard.

j/k. I'd say get the bodywork 1st and sell that street bodywork to fund the other goodies. Rearsets will be needed if you crash - The pegs are cheap to replace. Also get clipons cause the bars are also cheap to replace. Later, get the front forks revalved and resprung for your weight. Then use the rest of the money for tires and trackdays and get faster.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts

and i swear to god, if i catch you with any other sock on those reservoirs than an r1-forum sock for the liter, and an r6-forum sock for the 6, ima call t-1, and have him come to your house and fist you WITHOUT spitting on it first. :|

I want a damn 6 sock!!! Please :D

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Rich bastard.

j/k. I'd say get the bodywork 1st and sell that street bodywork to fund the other goodies. Rearsets will be needed if you crash - The pegs are cheap to replace. Also get clipons cause the bars are also cheap to replace. Later, get the front forks revalved and resprung for your weight. Then use the rest of the money for tires and trackdays and get faster.
He's 6' 8" and I'm guessing in the 250 lbs. range geared up. Revalve/respring should be first...

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts

If we could ever get an R6forum sock:sing

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
I had a buddy that wanted me to ride his bike at the track, so I took it out for a session. I have to say he must have had one hell of a runner. The bike handles very well and the motor is very strong. I don't like the variable intake runners to much but his bike wasn't tuned either. If you can get a PCV and smooth out the tunning when the variable intake changes over you will be golden. Nice machines.

The bike 09 R6 with stock gearing appeared to pull better than my bike with almost all the bolt ons possible on it and geared down. My bike is putting about 108 hp. to the rear wheels, so the 09 must be tuned pretty damn good or he had one of THOSE BIKES. You know the strong ones that you always wish to get. Have fun with it. Lucky F####R

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
I'll be updating this biotch as more stuff comes in...also, open to ideas on what else i should get for her..i've been debating if rearsets are a must and i really want some track fairings (badly!)...what do u guys think? (rearsets and track fairings could buy me a lot of track days for next season :secret ) Let me know and enjoy the thread :D
as big as you are, rearsets MIGHT help you a bit, but idk. if i could do it all over, id do what you've already done, and get a damper, sprockets/520, bazzaz/afm, clipons (and at least one extra bar), and of course, the race glass. but that's me.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Nice congrats man..

I want that same setup, R1 for the street and 6 for the track.. To bad I'm piss poor right now :(

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Nice, sell the street fairings and that'll pay for your track fairings.

·
Another Bikeless Bro
4,466 Posts
you know conrad when i saw you post the picture on FB, i thought it was for the litre...I didn't know you sprung on an '09 6...you whore

Congrats though man, I miss my B&G 6 (first bike).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts