Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the R6 community. I'm back riding after a freak accident between my husband and I in March and I bought my first R6 and I am absolutely loving it! So far I lowered it (I'm on my tip toes in the pic and that wasn't comfortable for me) and put a fender eliminator kit on it. I bought a two brothers slip on and I'm waiting for that to come in the mail. I've referenced this site a lot so far and I decided to join. There's a lot of good info on here. Take a look at my story!

Attachments

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
What model year did you get?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
I heard they were shorter then prior years seat heights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I'm just short lol. I'm 5'4". I had a CBR 500R before this bike and I was able to reach the ground no problem. The seat was also narrower than the R6 seat. I like the wider seat on my 2020 R6 because it's more comfortable with the plate I have in my pelvis. But I was so worried about having a hard time reaching the ground with my R6 that I couldn't relax while riding. I was constantly making sure that if I had to stop I was in a good location and position so my feet wouldn't slip. I bought some PSR adjustable lowering links and a PSR adjustable kickstand and it made a huge difference. I feel like I'm one with my bike now and I'm not just sitting on top of it.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
Seat height and bar location/angle are important for comfort. Wrist strain also distracts from riding.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow! What a story. Sorry you had to go through that kind of trauma but it looks like you have come out stronger and more prepared for what life may throw at you. Good for you for staying strong and getting back to doing what you love. Safe riding!!

·
Registered
6 Posts

hi everyone.. I’m new to this forum but just ordered my new 2020 R6 yesterday.. awaiting delivery 🕺🏻.. this will be my 3rd R6, amongst others (previously 02’ R6 & 08’ R6). Really excited about this model though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! What a story. Sorry you had to go through that kind of trauma but it looks like you have come out stronger and more prepared for what life may throw at you. Good for you for staying strong and getting back to doing what you love. Safe riding!!

It has definitely changed my outlook on life! Enjoy it while you can! Thank you for the supportive words and safe riding to you as well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 375869
hi everyone.. I’m new to this forum but just ordered my new 2020 R6 yesterday.. awaiting delivery 🕺🏻.. this will be my 3rd R6, amongst others (previously 02’ R6 & 08’ R6). Really excited about this model though!

Welcome! I have a 2020 R6, the orange one, and it's my first Yamaha and I absolutely love it! Ride safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts