Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, this is, in fact, another one of those "this cop did this to me" thread, but this one has a little different ending.

i've been on vacation since last wednesday afternoon. the wife and i went to playa del carmen, mexico and we had a blast (yes, i mentioned that to rub your face in it a bit). :) anyways, obviously, since i was out of town i wasn't able to ride my bike at all, and today was the first day back to work, so of course, i took the bike.

i turn right out of my neighborhood and just relax down the 2 mile straightaway to the main drag i take to the freeway. i make the next light after getting there, and then take another left onto the main road (249 feeder/frontage).i get going for about 100 yards, and "that feeling" hits me. you know the one. the one that makes you "feel the need... the need, FOR SPEED!" "ok," i think, "it's been awhile and now the oil is all warmed up, let's do it." bang all the way from first TO fourth and look down and i had hit 103 in a matter of about 4-6 seconds (i'd guess). then just coast back down to 55 and click into fifth gear (my cruise gear). then, out of no where, i see a cop in my left mirror... no light on ("yet" is what i'm thinking). well, i'm in the far right lane, and he's in the far left, but gets up next to me at the same speed and starts "loudly talking" over his PA.

him: blah balhbab blahbalbha
me: what?
him: don't blah blah
me: WHAT? (at this point i'm thinking he's ready to chase me if i decide to get going, so i pull the clutch, and take my right hand off the gas completely, flip up my mirrored shield, put my hand up to my ear, look at him, and say "what" one more time)
him: DON'T BE A DUMBASS!!!
me: OK.

i wave, he slows down a bit, and i dont' think i sped the rest of the way to the office... well, not TOO bad. :)

after i get to the office, a neighbor of mine calls me and the first thing he says is "you better go buy a lottery ticket today!". i'm thinking, what? then it clicks... he was pulling out of his driveway right behind me and must have seen the whole thing. told me that the cop had been behind me from the second i pulled out of the neighborhood.

MAN, WAS I LUCKY! (HAD to have been going INTO work, otherwise, i might be w/o a license or a bike right now).

thanks, mr. police man, for showing me a little mercy (not giving me what i deserve)

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
Hah now that's a good story. You really are lucky he didn't feel like pulling you.

·
I got an R6000
114 Posts
he probably has or had a bike or he had to shit and didnt have time to pull you over! Either way rub a little luck on me and the rest of us.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
talk about lucky.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe he felt sorry for you...
hey! man, i thought we was tight! i'm really just SUPER lucky. i TOTALLY deserved a ticket. actually, since the speed limit on the feeder was 50, i deserved to go to jail AND lose my license. i nearly crapped my pants when i heard that PA going... b/c i KNEW it was for me. gives me shivers thinking about how close i was to having my day/week/month ruined.

and dan... "ya igor wannabee m.f.er!" :hehe (confused?)

:lmao

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
"Don't be a dumbass" thats funny stuff.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
u play u pay.
this time u didnt, but next time u might.
that's exactly right... i probably WILL next time. this is the second time i've COMPLETELY missed one that was either RIGHT in front of me, or RIGHT behind me.

(notice i didn't say the "pig was a A.H. for calling me a dumbass over his PA speaker) :) i'll take a little ego slap over a ticket ANY DAY of the week.

i guess there are some perks to being 30 (or older).

(post number 600... count it!... oh to be up in the ranks with the "big boys" and they're 5 digit post counts) :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
ahaha great story....VERY lucky. he actually said 'dont be a dumbass' on the PA huh? cool cop. Hope you dont believe in karma, this might come back to bite you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
should have gotten his car # and sent him a Thank You card....He'd probly appreciate that... I've done that several times for cops in my area... if they pull me over and let me off. there is a high chance I'll send them a thank you card or a letter... you never can thank those guys enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts