Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Two wheels move the soul.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First and foremost I'd like to say I'm excited to join this forum. As a brand new owner of an R6, I saw this as the best forum to come to.

Now for the business. I'm writing this post because I'm in pain lol. Nothing too unbearable but my left hand is killing from the clutch and handbae position. Something to note here is that the bike is lowered. I rode my Ninja 300 dail:secrety but obviously the stance is nowhere near as aggressive.

Is this something I'll just adapt to? Normal for supersports?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Wrist-Builder-Fitness-Exercise-Strength/dp/B00DJ69UFI[/ame]

Go buy one of those for your hand

As for the riding position, it kind of depends which model you got. What year is it?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2012 model. Now I wonder if it's just a setting on the clutch that makes it so tight. My brother's can am was similar.

·
R6 noob
49 Posts
I came from a 2009 Ninja 250. The R6 riding position is definitely way more aggressive lol. Took my hands/wrists quite a time to get used to. Matter of fact, depending on traffic, the clutch can be a pain. Just man up. Ensure you keep your arms loose not locked. Or maybe you just need a simple clutch cable adjustment or lubing. Either way, you chose the perfect upgrade! Enjoy her ride safe happy riding!

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
In stock form, the levers are in kind of a weird position. You can loosen the bolts and rotate them forward/down, so your hand is at a more natural position to squeeze the levers.

The Ninja 300 has a REALLY light clutch pull. (I've got one in the garage.) R6 is about similar to pretty much every other bike I've ridden, so you may have to get used to it a bit.

When you're riding, all your weight should be supported by your legs and abs. You should only barely be touching the handlebars. If you've got a death grip on the bars, tighten up your core and loosen up on them, and the hand/wrist pain should get much better. Your back and legs will likely get sore for awhile, but will eventually strengthen up.

And put the bike back to stock height so it frickin turns correctly. What's the point of getting a supersport if you're going to make it handle like a cruiser?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a short dude lol but it handles fine if you ask me :) then again what do I know?

I rode all day today and felt much more comfortable. I think the death grip/ wrist pain was more from my lack of familiarity with this demon ride from hell. But I'd like to think her and I are at least friends now haha

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I'm a short dude lol but it handles fine if you ask me :) then again what do I know?

I rode all day today and felt much more comfortable. I think the death grip/ wrist pain was more from my lack of familiarity with this demon ride from hell. But I'd like to think her and I are at least friends now haha
This guy seems to get around just fine without lowering his bike. Doesn't even have a kickstand. :hammer

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My man Pedrosa is that short! Holy ish. I'm more inline with Marquez.

I don't know, maybe once I conquer the world of supersports (next season) I'll consider raising it. I do like being able to flat foot though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts