Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i live in Gainesville, FL.....and yes, there are tons of people here who ride without gear, but recently one two occasions ive come across riders wearing a jacket, and no helmet. :wtf its just so stupid once you think about it.....yes, its 100 degrees and humid, but why wear a jacket if youre not gonna wear a helmet? if a car pulls infront of you, you wont even need to worry about protecting your skin, cause your heads gonna be split in half.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i live in fl too and i see a lot of riders without gear also, its just so damn hot down here! you sweat if you got shorts and shirt on, plus it feels like your feet are going to burn off. some people are just so ignorant :mrgreen:

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
Maybe he thinks the chicks dig it!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ya i guess they think they look cooler with a jacket but no helmet. but whatever, ill look cooler when im still alive bangin their chicks :mrgreen:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I rode yesterday with a guy the was wearing a jacket and no gloves and another one that only had t-shirt and helmet. They are both fairly new to riding and I am trying to get them converted to gear wearing twisties riders.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Number9 said:
I rode yesterday with a guy the was wearing a jacket and no gloves and another one that only had t-shirt and helmet. They are both fairly new to riding and I am trying to get them converted to gear wearing twisties riders.
I have the same problem with my friends. But at least they are required by law to wear a helmet. :hammer

It's hard to get them to wear jackets most of the time, and one kid likes to not wear gloves when it get above 70.... :poke

Full gear, all the time; that's how I ride.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Im in South West Florida and I ride everytime with pants, gloves, and a helmet. Ive been looking for a jacket... but the ones they have here at the local shop suck. So I need to go over to miami to check some out. But I seriously need to get a jacket and some boots going fast

·
Registered
476 Posts
Im in South West Florida and I ride everytime with pants, gloves, and a helmet. Ive been looking for a jacket... but the ones they have here at the local shop suck. So I need to go over to miami to check some out. But I seriously need to get a jacket and some boots going fast

·
Registered
443 Posts
Gotta wear your gear. Theres a guy at work who also rides an r6 '02, he recently stopped wearing his jacket. His complaint is that it's too hot, well yeah, its 103 degrees out there. I try to tell him that it's going to be much worse when he goes down on that hot ass pavement without protection, he just ignores me. Man, i feel naked if I'm not in all my gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts