Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
How about don't ride like a f**king moron?

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
I'm calling BS on getting tankslappers all the time at 140mph. Don't take this the wrong way but you must not be doing something correctly with your riding form. I mean I rarely get tankslappers even when full throttle in 2nd gear. I'm having a very tough time believing that someone gets them in 6th gear when there is not nearly as much acceleration as there is in 2nd gear at 55mph.

Maybe it's just me, but I view dampners as over-rated unless you are actually really do need it on a race bike or just don't know how to ride lol.

·
08 R6S
179 Posts
:flex: :popcorn:

·
Ninja Rider
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
forget i said anything...im not being stupid im being realistic...i only go that fast on empty back roads with full gear on...

trust me i could do plenty of things that are 100x worse...like not wearing gear and doing stunts on the highway..

so before you say something really clever making yourself look superior...i didnt say any of this to start a debate on "whats stupid" or not...

so is anyone going to help or are you just going to enter your stupid comments to make yourself feel better..

·
Registered
52,014 Posts
140mph on the street? I'll buy you a damper if you buy yourself a fat life insurance policy with me listed as your sole benefactor...

·
Registered
154 Posts
you could have your suspension checked out, make sure it is set up for you weight. I used to get headshake when i was WOT and hit a bump.

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,215 Posts
forget i said anything...im not being stupid im being realistic...i only go that fast on empty back roads with full gear on...

trust me i could do plenty of things that are 100x worse...like not wearing gear and doing stunts on the highway..

so before you say something really clever making yourself look superior...i didnt say any of this to start a debate on "whats stupid" or not...

so is anyone going to help or are you just going to enter your stupid comments to make yourself feel better..
Did you think they weren't going to attack you? 140+ is dumb and you know it as well as anyone else. I'm not saying that you're lying but it's pretty damn hard to pull off a tank slapper at 140 let along control it. 90 mph is much more believeable. Tank slappers only happen when your front wheel is either barely touching, just off or way off the ground. Unless you're being a jackass (no offense) there should be no way pull up the front end at 140.

Are you leaning back while this is happening? Try tucking behind the windscreen.

You should really take it to a track if you want to ride like that, I'd hate to see yet another person die. We're labeled "organ donors" for this exact reason.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.