Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's still conceptual, but I would love to see that thing on the street or the track. I rode a RSV4, and that thing was fun! This thing - whoa baby!

·
Registered
285 Posts
It is a very sexy and potent idea for the middle weight class. However, I don’t like 600cc super sport machines for the street and when it comes to the track having cheap and readily available parts for reliable motorcycles is very important. Bikes like this one or the MV Augusta F3 are neat, but not practical for track days and amateur racing. The new RSV4 Factory with 217 HP and 430 lbs wet is going to be the bike from Aprilia that I want. Of course the new Tuono would be sweet to have as well!

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Having almost 100 more hp than the R6 and roughly weighing the same amount (~11-14 lbs. more), that's a huge leap to the new RSV4 Factory - a leap I'm willing to take. I've been on a '17 RSV4, and that thing lives up to everything stated on paper. So, the new one, yikes.

I've been planning to get a more powerful bike for the street, and until I finally bring home something, I keep juggling between a few bikes. Too many options and not enough moolah! Well, not yet anyway.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Re: I'm Still A Ride Or Die Yamaha Fan, But I'm In Love - Aprilia 660RS

Two timing whore.

Having almost 100 more hp than the R6 .....................
Can I assume this is a misstatement? If not, R6 would have approximately -20HP..

Article: ...........power ceiling around 100 hp ..............

........... Not very long ago, any new bike boasting 5 hp of extra power over the previous edition would get young sports flocking to the dealers ready to start a second mortgage on their parents' home to get on Flash Gordon's newest spaceship. It does not work like that anymore, and the marketing people are sweating their brains out to find a solution. ..........
Actually I think it's just a reflection of the economy. Even with no rent, no bills except a cell phone, a traditional teenager's job doesn't provide enough disposable income to pay for anything other than (buy-all-the-execs-multiple-yachts-&-overseas-vacations+our-congress-people+stadium-naming-rights+skycrapers-in-every-major-city+endless-commercials-on-every-billboard-every-radio-every-tv-channel-all-day-everyday) insurance.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Two timing whore...
Because 1 is never enough. :cheers #motorcycles

Can I assume this is a misstatement? If not, R6 would have approximately -20HP..

Article: ...........power ceiling around 100 hp ..............

Next time, quote the whole post and then you'll understand there was nothing incorrectly typed. :fact

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Next time, quote the whole post and then you'll understand there was nothing incorrectly typed. :fact
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aprilia_RSV4
Okay you're saying you were impressed by their liter bike so are itching to try their 660cc. I expected the RSV4 to be an older version of the ~600cc class that was brought up in the article.

There's a reason I replied in the form of a question, instead of a statement. I never intentionally do a partial quote for the purpose of changing the meaning of a sentence. I read the entire post more than once before quoting the excerpt... and just read it again. I still came with the same interpretation as the excerpt. The key was looking up the RSV4 and realizing that it was a liter bike, instead of an older revision of the 600-class featured in the article.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aprilia_RSV4
Okay you're saying you were impressed by their liter bike so are itching to try their 660cc. I expected the RSV4 to be an older version of the ~600cc class that was brought up in the article.

There's a reason I replied in the form of a question, instead of a statement. I never intentionally do a partial quote for the purpose of changing the meaning of a sentence. I read the entire post more than once before quoting the excerpt... and just read it again. I still came with the same interpretation as the excerpt. The key was looking up the RSV4 and realizing that it was a liter bike, instead of an older revision of the 600-class featured in the article.
The orignial post was in response to the post before it about the RSV4. I just didn't quote the person as it was a seamless transitional post.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in both bikes. The RSV4 moreso, but the sound of the 660 gave me :surprise:. I think the manufacturer is doing great things just like Yamaha and other OEMs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts