Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first, sorry for my english because i'm french rider !

I just want to show you a very important modification, i think, made by Yamaha (?) on their EXUP set up.
Just look at my vidéo here, you'll understand !

@+

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everybody,

First and one more time, sorry for my english / french is my native language.

This message just to inform you that:
  • after two years of study of all the evolution of the EXUP system of yamaha R6 (Euro2/3/4)
  • after having informed akrapovic and yamaha that there was a big error on their assembly instructions for Slip-On Line (Titanium) S-Y6SO12-HAPT
  • after alerting all owners of r6 on the forums
  • after having published more than 6 videos dedicated specifically to this subject and explaining the operation and the error existing on the assembly instructions akrapovic AND the Yamaha workshop manual

All are seen here: Yamaha R6 Techno / Compa Tech Channel

i just receive an answer of Mr. xxxxxx, Area Sales Manager Moto Segment Akrapovic.
To sum up, akrapovic recognizes an error in their assembly instructions and adjustment of the exup and has just published a new updated version of this assembly instructions.
This new version is here: Assembly instructions V1.0-05/2021

I just published on my youtube channel an ultimate video explaining all this:

Here's the Akrapovic département R&D answer:

" After carefully reviewing the case, we acknowledged that our installation manual for our Slip-on exhaust included an error.
The exhaust valve cables were mounted in a position where the exhaust valve function.
If you change the position of the exhaust valve cables, the operation of this is correct.
We had not received any other market claims before yours.
We consider the possible reasons to be:
  • Either the customers didn’t notice the malfunction,
  • Or the customers reversed the cables themselves,
  • Or the dealers/workshops reversed the cables by themselves
Our development process for this product has been carried out according to development standards and rules Akrapovič that allow us to develop a perfect product.
In this case, we did not find the error in our development process that would explain why this happened.
Akrapovič is sometimes required to develop products/finalize products on pre-made or pre-made motorcycles production.

Therefore, we consider that the function of the unit/actuator has, in our case, been modified later by Yamaha and that we were not informed.
Our installation manual has therefore just been updated according to the current state of the production motorcycles, such as they come out of production.
We would like to thank you for your helpful contribution in resolving this case and preventing other customers from having a similar experience to yours
"

So, thanks to Akrapovic to finaly having recognized the problem and corrected its assembly instructions.
This could help other biker friends who might have been confronted with it.

@+

The french R6 rider...

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,376 Posts
Hey good job getting to the bottom of the issue. Sometimes you have to hound the manufacturer that you found an error.

I found a couple bugs in my Miller tig machine and reported them. I too thought I got blown off as a non error condition, but about 7 months later they released a software update.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Many years ago I posted to the APC product forums to alert them to a design flaw that basically meant that all their surge suppressors were fire hazards. This was discovered after one caught fire, burned a hole in the carpet and singed the wood floor before I woke-up and unplugged it. I got lucky. Ordinarily I keep it plugged up in the basement but this is one of a few nights on the year that I had that laptop in my bedroom. Posted detailed photos, told them what was wrong, what caused it, and what needed to be done to remedy the issue. I was subsequently blamed for their issue and the post locked before I could respond. The post was eventually deleted altogether. Couple of years later, not only did they implement the recommended change, but actually specified that they had a thermal fuse on the packaging.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to say THANK YOU in the thread aswell.
I checked my bike and indeed the cables were swapped. I still had my old instruction papers and i can confirm for anyone else that it did say infact to swap the cables (silver adjuster to the bottom instead of the top). The revision manual on OP's post now states the right way (silver adjuster on top). My poor engine has been running for 35000 Km with the exup not working properly, poor beast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts