Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If people here are just starting to ride.. personal experience, I've almost died a few times easy when I thought I would be far from it happening.

• Stalling in 3rd and falling over (no gear indicator at the time)
  • Couldn't unthrottle in 1st due to the power (if vehicle in front braked for w/e reason = crash)
  • Couldn't turn while throttle hill holding and went straight into an intersection (no cars)
  • Almost not enough highway power passing 2 cars coming together in the middle lane
  • Almost high-side in 3rd in the wet (instant 45 degree rear kick out)
  • High-side in 1st (slightly wet road at a red light going left)
  • Increased bar pressure while already leaned over makes it lean Quicker (hit at least 50 degree lean angle one time accidentally (instantly))
I prefer the 20mph e-bike than riding. Passing people walking and other bicyclists is like high-speed motorbiking.

To start:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
It takes a pretty good dude to want to share their most insane mistakes. That being said, I suspect it's a bit unusual to have quite that many of what I'd consider to be severe mistakes. I've known a couple of people and talked to many more who've sold theirs and/or refused to buy another for lack of self control. I bought my bike in my 30s, which was likely very beneficial. While I've always been an anticipatory and even defensive driver, I believe I have a lot more patience. Take NO shame in hanging up the keys for at least a few more years. Maturity makes the difference. Good luck AntD.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It takes a pretty good dude to want to share their most insane mistakes. That being said, I suspect it's a bit unusual to have quite that many of what I'd consider to be severe mistakes. I've known a couple of people and talked to many more who've sold theirs and/or refused to buy another for lack of self control. I bought my bike in my 30s, which was likely very beneficial. While I've always been an anticipatory and even defensive driver, I believe I have a lot more patience. Take NO shame in hanging up the keys for at least a few more years. Maturity makes the difference. Good luck AntD.
I know my limits. I said a 20mph e-bike is better but there is nothing like that full-throttle pull on the R6 though. Just high-speed riding after you've accelerated to it gets boring.

The people talking here aren't injured I assume. I've never gotten injured from the motorcycle but some have plates and screws. Some are disabled forever, some have died. We shouldn't overlook our accomplishments even if people think we've done nothing but rode like a grandma. I rather that certain people think I never ride fast. Remaining inconspicuous is better. Some people think it's a good idea to film themselves doing 200mph then the cops show up and arrest them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are a complete idiot. Its probably best you stay off 2 wheels. Try 3 wheels... Tryke Lyfe seems like a good fit for your mindset
How do you get the trike life to be a good fit for my mindset? Replay back what I've said that it's a fit for me.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
............ there is nothing like that full-throttle pull on the R6 though. Just high-speed riding after you've accelerated to it gets boring...................
Yep, that twist of the wrist and ornery cornering are hard to resist...

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
How do you get the trike life to be a good fit for my mindset? Replay back what I've said that it's a fit for me.
years ago, when stunting was all the rage with the Star Boyz... there were folks that "stunted" on quads. There is no skill required in that.
Thats what you should stick too. Or Schtick... maybe even "fur over" the quad body work.

·
Touchdown!
1,288 Posts
Now this is real sh!t right here. This is sound coming from what seems like a stand up guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts