Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2006 YZF-R6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here - just picked up an 06 R6 as a dedicated track-only build. Have spent/wasted quite a bit of time searching Google and various sellers looking for an engine stand. I did search here and found an old post from a member selling his stand - a JEGs small stand that he said has "R6 brackets".

Can anyone help me on this? I located the JEGs stand but does anyone know where the specific brackets can be purchased? Any info would be appreciated.

· UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,633 Posts
Those are just pieces of angle iron (looks like 3”x 3”) cut and bolt holes drilled in them. About $15 bucks in material and a little time.

Not to be too blunt, but if you are embarking on a track bike build, you’re gonna need to bone up in your fabrication skills. You’ll need to know how to make brackets and misc parts to make things fit/work. Like fitting race fairings, etc.

· Registered
2006 YZF-R6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, thanks. You can direct the blunt to those who need it. I've been a maintenance mechanic my working life, plus rebuilt bikes and trucks from the ground up so I'm good on fabrication. And thru that expericence Ive learned if someone has already produced something at a reasonable price, like brackets for an engine stand, I'm not going to waste my valuable time doing it myself. I'd rather be spending that time working on the bike. Hence my post asking about it. If no such bracket sets out there (hard to believe) obviously I'll need to do it. If anyone knows of such, chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts