Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:!: The subject summarizes it all. I am looking into getting one for the next riding season. A local cycle shop (www.cyclegear.com) is having a holiday sale. Maybe anyone of you guys can suggest a good and durable pair so i know what kind/type to look for when i drop by the shop later this week and what price i am should expect to spend.
Alpinestars? Dainese? Frank Thomas? Joe Rockets?

Thanks!

~Mike~

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i got the joe rocket speedmaster boots. i also got the joe rocket speedmaster perforated leather pants. i know i should have just bought the 1 piece suit, i rarely use the speedmaster pants. i like the boots, kinda comfortable. i believe i paid $190 for the boots and $290 for the pants at kneedraggers.com. i am not sure on the prices. but i like the gear i bought.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I went in a local bike accessory shop and tried out their pants.
They mostly carry (Dainese, First Gear, Frank Thomas) and what
only had in stock. And the way the pants fits, the guy who owns the
store mentioned that i might need to have an alteration done!
Is this always true with all the pants???

Now i am looking into 2 piece race suits.

And the price range of those pants i tried were between $199-$350

·
Registered
995 Posts
i'v got dainese,that needed alterations,but they r designed for super fit racers not weekend riders

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just want to get a gear that would very much protect me in any case.

I know the Dainese are a little up there on the price, and so does the Alipinestars. Anything in a $500-$600 range for a 2 piece suit you guys might recommend?

~Thanks~

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think that suit is made by Hein Gerike (sp???), so you may want to check http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com to see what people think.

As far as price... I found a new JR Speedmaster 1-pc for $350. It was traffic cone orange, but is a great suit. Spent a bit under $150 to get it altered to fit me, and now I have a custom suit for less than $500. If you aren't in a hurry, I bet you can find a great deal on a closeout or a slightly used suit.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
i want to get this. alpinestars bostrom suit in 2 piece cuz **** if I could fit in a one piece. Like the red/white/blue cuz after all, I am an American and I like the black/red/white. I've seen them for around $620. I have that site at home and I'll post it when I get back there.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RockyR6 said:
I think that suit is made by Hein Gerike (sp???), so you may want to check http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com to see what people think.

As far as price... I found a new JR Speedmaster 1-pc for $350. It was traffic cone orange, but is a great suit. Spent a bit under $150 to get it altered to fit me, and now I have a custom suit for less than $500. If you aren't in a hurry, I bet you can find a great deal on a closeout or a slightly used suit.
I think you are right Rocky

·
Registered
531 Posts
That Yamaha suit looks pretty good, but, what happens down the track when you, god forbid, buy a different brand of bike ??

I intend my leathers to last me up to around 8 years if possible depending on if I crash etc.
I will be buying new bikes in this time & I'm not sure if they'll all be Yamahas, although at the moment I can't see myself changing unless I win the lottery & get myself a MV Augusta or Ducati.

Just my 2 cents.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jeffsy said:
That Yamaha suit looks pretty good, but, what happens down the track when you, god forbid, buy a different brand of bike ??

I intend my leathers to last me up to around 8 years if possible depending on if I crash etc.
I will be buying new bikes in this time & I'm not sure if they'll all be Yamahas, although at the moment I can't see myself changing unless I win the lottery & get myself a MV Augusta or Ducati.

Just my 2 cents.
Very good point Jeffsy, it might be more practical to get a none bike-Manufacturer stamped on the suits (unless you are racing for them of course or just a die hard fan of them) if anyone plans to buy a different bike down the line. But I think that Yamaha suit looks very nice, i am not sure about durability though but since this will be my first leather suit, i think that this is a good deal for starters ($599.95 or even cheaper somewhere online) and for newbies like me. And i know i will keep my R6 for more years to come, inless i win the lottery as well and i might end up getting a Dukeys or even, yes, i admit it, a custom Chopper.

~Mike~

But do you guys think the Yamaha suit is a good deal for the price? I never had any experience with them and like Rock said, i also think it might be a Hein Gericke, and not sure if they are any good.

Here is the Blue one

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where did you find that suite? I have only been able to find a 1 piece. I want a two piece since the jacket will be worn more then the pants.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts