Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

my battery recently died and I decided to change for a cheaper version. I previously had a YUASA YTZ10S, and recently bought a VOLTIC SPORTIVO GEL YTZ10-S.

When ordering it, the website precisely mentioned that it would be compatible with my R6 from 2014, and looking at the dimensions/other technical specs, it indeed seemed to match my previous YUASA.

That said, when trying to install the battery, I could not connect the wires to the new battery because it would not allow the shape of the "clasp" at the end of the wire:

I took a picture of both batteries next to each other for you to see where my problem is, I circled in red the little metal part that prevent my clasp to "fit". Apologies for any english mistakes, I am a native french speaker and I do understand it may be hard to see my problem.

Based on this, is there any way I could still use this new battery or should I just sell it and buy a new YUASA? I assume the answer is that I could change the wires but I don't think that will be easier.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Don't they lay on their side meaning, the top part of the terminal isn't used? Not sure what impact that circled portion would have, if any. Can you photo with it in the moto-cycle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts