Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinkin about goin to australia in jan'.my mate lives in melbourne,wouldn't mind moving round the country for a while.is there anyone who knows if u can rent road bike out there?any web sites i could check out?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just take one after you get there man, the whole country was started as a penal colony.

j/k australians

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
You said Penal colony! :laugh Sorry, but I had to take that shot.....

Anyways, Bravo, ask Jeffsy as he lives in OZ so he should be able to give you the lowdown on eveything....

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
niceone jeffsy

·
Registered
283 Posts
I hope you got deep pockets. I live in Sydney and looked into all the locals to rent a bike. Its like trying for a ferrari if you want anything other than a 250 virago or similar. Hope you have more luck in Melb.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just been checking them out
:eek:oh serious amounts of notes

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so much for that idea,way out of my budget :cuss

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I hope you got deep pockets. I live in Sydney and looked into all the locals to rent a bike. Its like trying for a ferrari if you want anything other than a 250 virago or similar. Hope you have more luck in Melb.

Dude a 250 Virago in Austrailia, **** YEA!!

I'd take a 50 just to rip it up in Austrailia would be cool enough.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If your going to stay here a while (ie. a few months) you might as well buy a second hand one here & then sell it when you leave. Just an idea ?
Or you could give it to me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
283 Posts
See if you can throw some notes to one of your friends mates. Cover his insurance excess and you might find a ride. My mate just did this through his brother to get a zx7 for the Aussie moto GP. Left a deposit with guy for the insurance excess. Gave him a bit of cash for the ride and promised to look after it. Took it back and got back deposit. Had the Kwaka for a couple hundred aussie bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts