Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find the thread and google just listed me bunch of lawyers for motorcycle crashes. :)

I would like to know from those who have crashed on the track and have gone through their insurance companies to get their bikes repaired. I live in California and have State Farm full comprehensive with $1000 deductable as my insurance on the R6.

If I crash on a track, is it covered under standard insurance plans? If so, does it go on your DMV record as an accident? Have any of you had problems getting the insurance to pay because it was crashed on the track? And if they did pay, how much did the insurance payments go up? Is there any specific language I should ask or read in the terms that would let me know it is or it is not covered?

I am more concerned about my DMV record than anything else, it is nice a clean and i'd like to keep it that way. State Farm is covering my home, 2 bikes, and 2 cars right now.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
It depends on your insurance and your policy.

Ask your insurance agent and get it in writing. Ask them if you are covered at riding schools and other non timed events on private property. Usually you have to have collision and full coverage to be able to claim your bike if something was to happen at the track.

Wrecks at the track do not go on your DMV record as you are on private property.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
heh

i wouldn't recommend claiming it more than once.

double check your policy to see if its covered, it SHOULD be covered because it is NOT a racing event. it is a day to practice and get better at riding your motorcycle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts