Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya, I was installing my Clear Alternative Integrated taillight....And i get the old one off, and put in the new one..wire it up and turn her on to see if it works and it does, however I got the wires reversed so i turn her off and switch the wires (i had them in their temporarily though) so it would blink on the right side..and then bam....None of my blinkers work!! WTF! my headlights still work and my cluster, but not my flush mounts or my mirrors nor the tailight blinkers, just the brake light......Did I blow a fuse? If so how do I change it?

·
Ship the R6
40 Posts
Find your fuse box, get your owners manual out and find out which fuse it is that runs those lights, and take it out/change it. Same thing happen to me, headlights worked and everything, just pretty much same thing as you. I found the fuses at autozone, hope this helps !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i downloaded the owners manual but i really couldnt find anything, I already went and bought the 15 amp fuses (bought 7 just in case) and i already have the seat off...But i dont know which one is the fuse box!! I dont want to pull out the wrong cables and fu** anything up anymore

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
What year is your bike? Mine is an '07 R6. The fuse box for my turnsignal and brakelight is located under the black plastic under the left handle bar. Post the year of your bike and maybe someone will have the exact location. GL

DD

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see ya its a 06 r6 50th....I found the fuse box underneath the seat (two 15 amp fuses) and replaced both of those and still no luck...so im betting its where yours is at as the 06 and 07 are identical.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i did the same thing on my Fittieth and the fuse for it was under the black plastic on the left side near the handlebar, like the other guy said. just pull them out one by one until you find the blown one, should be very easy to spot

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...FOUND IT!! ya theres a little diagram on the inside of the cap that tells you which fuse is for what...Sweet!!! So i replaced it...and on with my wiring! and Bam happens again, and again!!! What am I doing wrong with my wiring.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/cloudlock64/IMG_0517.jpg

So when i connect one yellow wire to one of the first wires in the 2nd picture it works perfectly..but when i connect both, the fuse blows.....whats up with that, Am i wiring it wrong..also what are the last two wires for in the 2ndpicture..

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
I have the same setup for my 07, The wiring took some time and the resistors are delicate to be gentle, I broke 2 and had to get new ones so it could be the resistors. I believe 3 stock wires, but you only need two. GL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok guys I figured out my problem...I was connecting each yellow wire to the postive and negative of each factory connectors, so thats why it kept shorting out...So i stripped off the factory connectors and connected each yellow one to each postive side of the connector and viola worked perfectly.. Resistors had nothing to do with this...Whats funny is that I took 2 semesters of Electricity and Magnetism and a semester and lab of Circuits for my engineering degree....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts