Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install my Scorpio Alarm... but its just not coming to life.

I dont have a phone right now (only interent) and the tech said I might not be getting a good ground connection. My problem is I have an aftermarket integrated tail kit (the one where you hack open the housing unit and replace the led board and then glue it back together. So I'm not sure if that there is the problem, because the new board doesnt use the old ground wire.

Have any of you installed this on your 03-04 R6?

If so, could you please take a photo of where you tapped into the wires and which harness you used?

Im going to try to go out and get photos of what Im dealing with and see if any of you can help me out.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes i did it yesterday...i tapped the turn signal wires and brake wire right behind the taillight, as well as the ground...i tapped the ground into the ground off the brake light. i'm lovin the alarm its awesome...well worth the money....i'd take pics but i already have it all back together....let me know if you need any other help

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh hey, thanks.

I got it all sorted out. Forgot about this thread. heh.

Although, my side button on my remote doesnt always work... unless I keep pressing the hoe. and its only a few weeks old.

ive herd of other people having problems with their remotes as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
- my remote is quirky- it'll be in my pocket and just reset itself out of nowhere. the screen goes all crazy and then the clock resets to 12:00 am. but my alarm will still be armed but it won't say that on teh screen. someone said they had the same problem but they got a new remote and programmed it in.... -meh-

·
Registered
51 Posts
mahie023 said:
- my remote is quirky- it'll be in my pocket and just reset itself out of nowhere. the screen goes all crazy and then the clock resets to 12:00 am. but my alarm will still be armed but it won't say that on teh screen. someone said they had the same problem but they got a new remote and programmed it in.... -meh-

I'm about to buy the unit for my 05'. Is this thing even reliable, the functionality sounds great but is well design. Just asking before I buy.

:cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
i had it in my 03' r6 for about a month. i wasn't happy with it. i ended up taking it out and installing the same alarm i have in my car...a viper 791xv. its an auto alarm but very compact and has more features. even has remote start for those who would like that feature. the alarm is louder and the paging transmitter/remote has much more distance. i even paid less for it, even though the alarm sells for $499. i bought it online and installed it myself, took about 6-7 hours but that was hooking up the remote start and hiding absolutely all wires and siren.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
yeah, i need a link too. im moving to Hawaii soon, and wont have a garage to store the bike in. looking for the best possible alarm for my bike, id pay anything for the best "paging" system.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finally got the alarm yesterday. I started around 6 pm and didn't put away the tools until 10:30 PM :cuss The biggest problem that I ran into installing is trying to get the G.D. screw on the positive post on the battery. It was on there so G.D. tight that I've prcatically rounded the corners on the screw :cuss :cuss Why the F*(&^K do they have to tighten that thing beyond 100 lbs/in. is beyond me.

Anyway, got the all the pieces mounted, tapped into the rear break lights (red), tapped the turn signals (2 yellow), tapped into the ground (black from rear light assembly harness), connected black wire with in line fuse from unit to positive post (that was a b**tch). Plugged the main harness and the accessory harness into the unit the thing came to live right away... Whoooohoooo! It was pretty loud around 10 PM :hammer

I bought the main unit, proximity sensor, remote ignition kill. Everything is working like the manual said. I have yet to connect the remote ignition kill. It has two wires with blue tag on it. According to the instruction, you can wire to 4 or five different ways to kill the ignition remotely. Not wanting to tear the entire bike apart trying to identify what is what. One way is to tap into the engine shut off switch, another way is to tap into the fuse box (10 or 15 amp fuse), another way is the coil, or tap somewhere in the engine control module or something like that.

If anyone can help me with this part of the hook up that would be great. I'll start reading on the service manual posted somewhere on this forum. The alarm itself works great so far, light flashes, chirps and when you get anywhere near 12 ft of the bike it will start to chirp until it goes into full alert. This thing is great. Can't wait to test the remote ignition kill.

If you are attempting this install, have a six pack, drink a few read all the manual (farely short), get familiar with all the parts, plan out your mount location, wiring paths, drink some more and then drink some more. It gets easy after that.

Last note, for those that have the FX fender eliminator kit becareful when you want to program the flash sequence on fx kit (alternating flashes etc.). This program uses the same command as the scorpio to reset the codes for the main alarm unit (on off 3x-ignition switch). Read the alarm manual and you'll know what I am talking about.

:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts