Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Very Nice!!
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds awsome but uhh.. I had smoke coming out the header ports is this due to the vasaline burning off that I used for the gasket or are the headers coated with something inside? And my rpms jump up an down at idle this is because I need a pc right?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
that lope won't be able to go away, its how the bike warms up. once you get to 104 or whatever temp the "Lo" goes away is when the pc3/v takes over and smoothes it out.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Agreed that the "lope" is just warming up - my bike still does it.

My new exhaust smoked a little - but there's a solid possibility the smoke is your A/F ratio out of what because you don't have a fuel controller.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
What's with everyone getting Leo's? Their great but sucks if everyone has one. And yes you need a pc and map that.
A 1200 dollar exhaust for 700-800 bucks....can't beat that! I have always wanted a LEO. I LOVEEE the Yoshi R55 BUT, the low speed/idle sound didn't appeal to me. I love the low rpm note of the Leo and I like it the best in Looks, next is the Yoshi then Akra. The graves...I just find nothing appealing about it.

-Ant.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Congrats OP! and the loping is normal but a fuel controller is recommended but it will still lope.

A 1200 dollar exhaust for 700-800 bucks....can't beat that! I have always wanted a LEO. I LOVEEE the Yoshi R55 BUT, the low speed/idle sound didn't appeal to me. I love the low rpm note of the Leo and I like it the best in Looks, next is the Yoshi then Akra. The graves...I just find nothing appealing about it.

-Ant.
Really? you rank Yoshi ahead of Akra? :dunce:

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Congrats OP! and the loping is normal but a fuel controller is recommended but it will still lope.

That's 1 in the Yoshi column. :laugh

I'd prefer to rate exhaust based off materials, craftsmanship, R&D, race proven, etc...

Unless it doesn't look cool...

:laugh

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts

-Ant.
You left out Two Brothers:sing

Yoshi's sound best on Suzuki's. Leo's are good, but the LOR's man, those are some kickin pipes

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Um... Graves FTMFW.... :sing

proven and sound is insane... But as mentioned before if you can get a 1200-1700 for 700-800 bucks then by all means...

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
In the Looks department, yes. The yoshi is a very pretty exhaust. The akra has a more rugged look to it. Leo is like in between those two.
That's 1 in the Yoshi column. :laugh

I'd prefer to rate exhaust based off materials, craftsmanship, R&D, race proven, etc...

Unless it doesn't look cool...

:laugh
I see what you did there. The graves and akra are phenomenal flowing exhaust systems, BUT, I don't care b/c I don't track my bike. As you can tell it's mainly show and some 1/4 mile passes. If I had a track bike, I'd prob go graves due to the performance aspect of it.
-Ant.

·
Very Nice!!
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couple more questions and i have pics

After i installed it i couldn't wait too test it out so i took it easy at first then opened her up and about 3rd gear i hear this loud bang, like a back fire then the bike loses power an the rear wheel kinda skids ?

I stop an check it out everything looks good bike is still running, another thing is i smell alot more of the exhaust fumes then before is this normal or is this all due to my bike being to lean/rich my pc hasnt gotten here yet, so im hoping that fixes the problem.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
whats that midpipe thingy? Never had that on my full Leo, maybe its the new systems :confused:

Were you down shifting when u heard the bang with some engine braking? Is it decel popping that you talking about? Sounds to me like thats what it is. If you get a fuel controller, even with a full custom map it dont go away completely.

Couple more questions and i have pics

After i installed it i couldn't wait too test it out so i took it easy at first then opened her up and about 3rd gear i hear this loud bang, like a back fire then the bike loses power an the rear wheel kinda skids ?

I stop an check it out everything looks good bike is still running, another thing is i smell alot more of the exhaust fumes then before is this normal or is this all due to my bike being to lean/rich my pc hasnt gotten here yet, so im hoping that fixes the problem.

·
Very Nice!!
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was on the throttle when this happen I hadn't down shifted at all it just scared the crap out of me. I guess I'll wait till I put the pc on and see if it happens again.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
whats that midpipe thingy? Never had that on my full Leo, maybe its the new systems :confused:

Were you down shifting when u heard the bang with some engine braking? Is it decel popping that you talking about? Sounds to me like thats what it is. If you get a fuel controller, even with a full custom map it dont go away completely.
Mine came exactly like that. How was yours? One solid piece? Maybe they did this for easier shipping/installing/expanding of the exhaust.

-Ant.

·
R6
135 Posts

I think you're referring to the quiet insert. That little pipe comes suck inside the end of the slip on. Broom handle and a couple love taps pops it right out.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts

Hey Rammy,

I loaded your map and the bike pulls HARD!! I rode about 150 miles on it and loved it. The only thing is the decel booming and occasional popping. Sometimes it messed up my downshift/rev matching.. It would occur pretty much anytime I chopped the throttle. I'm guessin adding a little fuel at 0% throttle would be the fix. I'm gonna read up on that bazzaz thread and see what I can come up with

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Hey Rammy,

I loaded your map and the bike pulls HARD!! I rode about 150 miles on it and loved it. The only thing is the decel booming and occasional popping. Sometimes it messed up my downshift/rev matching.. It would occur pretty much anytime I chopped the throttle. I'm guessin adding a little fuel at 0% throttle would be the fix. I'm gonna read up on that bazzaz thread and see what I can come up with

Glad its working out for ya, I have smoothened out that map using the new software after adding data from ~ 4 trackdays, updating after each one and when it didnt change much, I smoothened it out. I usually dont get much decel popping on the track but do get it when street riding. Dont know exactly why. I thought decel popping was due to rich mixture, so if you add more fuel at 0% throttle wont it get worse?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Glad its working out for ya, I have smoothened out that map using the new software after adding data from ~ 4 trackdays, updating after each one and when it didnt change much, I smoothened it out. I usually dont get much decel popping on the track but do get it when street riding. Dont know exactly why. I thought decel popping was due to rich mixture, so if you add more fuel at 0% throttle wont it get worse?
Well, with all my carb tuning experience it's always the harley guys with te bad decel popping and it's always cause they never change to a larger pilot jet. So if it's different with FE I'll be surprised. But what you mention is exactly what my coworker mentioned. I'll look into it and post up what I find tonight

1 - 20 of 29 Posts