Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my Puig DB windscreen. Anyone else that's done this have any difficulties lining everything up? The two "hooks" on the underneath of the fairing stay that go through the holes in the screen don't seem to do anything. Like, the screen doesn't go down far enough for them to be effective. Also, it was kinda a bish to get the angle right at the edge on the bottom right above the aux light. Finally got it close enough to where I'm happy with it, but I did notice the left side at the top seems a little off. I'll probably just double sided tape both sides at the top to secure those edges a little better. Also noticed you can see the light from the aux light from inside the screen while sitting on the bike. Not sure if I like that, might have to mod up a little something. So, has anyone eslse run into these type of situations? And yes, I'm being very nitpicky. I get perfectionist some times.

Sorry about the length.......... Here's a beaver

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I never had any issues installing mine it seemed to go in pretty smoothly.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
Never force it, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyways.

·
Im Sofa King We Todd Did?
840 Posts
My screen was also a little suborn, had to wiggle and shift it around. I also drilled the holes out so the rubber gromets would fit better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts