Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed a new racing kit on their bike? I am having some issues with the race fairings on the side not entirely matching up with my lower and upper fairing? I am using dzus fasteners...it seems I am .5 " short or so! Any tips are appreciated!

·
Registered
54 Posts
did you order your race fairing from oppracing? I would like to take a look at it when you have it completed mounted! =)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
54 Posts
why you selling it!? your bike is a beauty! soo i see you got the race fairings mounted.. what was the problem? did you order the race fairing from oppracing? how much you paid? fitment issues? any info is apprepicated

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys! The opp kit cost me around 950$ CDN if I remember correctly! Initially i had some problems mounting the side fairings up with my upper front fairing but I realized that I had to use more force and push the fiberglass. I was being to nice, however once I mounted the side fairings I felt a lot more comfortable putting the rest of my fairings on. However putting on the seat cowling fairing the portion that goes on underneath my seat proved to be the most difficult. I had to re drill and re measure my fasteners. I am still not happy with the result but what can you do? People always say oh let a professional do everything but I say you get more enjoyment out of riding your bike this way! ( oh and then we load the bike on my buddies truck and we crack the lower fairing....&*$#%#[email protected] words cannot describe )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts