Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

7K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  bweezy 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I bought the Yoshi Alpha T works full exhaust system on my 2014 R6, and I have a couple of questions before installing it:

1. How do I disconnect and remove the exhaust valve cables? are they connected to the servo?
2. Do I need to get a Servo buddy? or should I just remove the servo?
3. How much is the headers torque?

Thanks

#2 ·
1) Yes they are connected to a servo
2) Yes otherwise it will throw a check engine light
3) Get the service manual it will tell you everything you need to know

R6 Service/Maintenance/Repair Manual - R6Messagenet.com

The 08 manual is pretty much the exact same as your bike

#4 ·
If you remove the servo you will get a check engine light. You can avoid the check engine light issue in any of the following ways: get the ecu flashed, servo buddy, or keep the servo motor plugged in and just remove the cables. But you want to get a tune anyways with a full exhaust.

#7 ·
Get in touch when you’re ready to have the ecu done. I spent 4 days on the dyno with our test bike and the alpha t system just a few weeks ago. It’s an awesome exhaust for the r6. And the price can’t be beat! http://bauce-racing.com/index.php?route=information/ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Get in touch when you’re ready to have the ecu done. I spent 4 days on the dyno with our test bike and the alpha t system just a few weeks ago. It’s an awesome exhaust for the r6. And the price can’t be beat! ECU Flashing Services

Great link. I just bought an '08 R6 with a Leo Vince exhaust and decat pipe.

My question for you is how do I know if the previous owner did a flash? It doesn't have a power commander or the like (I imagine that would be hell to install on a direct injection bike any who.

$175 is super reasonable, considering thats half the cost of the piggy pack POS everyone buys to tune their bike.

#9 ·
I managed to take off the stick exhaust, took a lot more time that I thought.

I'm trying to remove the servo but I can't remove the bolts, it's in a very tight place behind the rear suspension, any ideas?

I’ve never had an issue getting to it. Ratcheting wrench or an extension with swivel socket or swivel extension. Extension with a universal and a 10mm socket. Having the right tools for a job cuts the time down drastically

#11 ·
I've finished it at last! it sounds and looks awesome, a lot better than I though, I'd recommend that exhaust system to anyone considering a full exhaust system.

there was one small thing, and I'm not sure if it's going to be a problem, one of the headers isn't snog a 100%, when I fit it in with my hands it fits in, when I torque the bolts that same one backs off 2 mm's, the header is still inside but not snog, I tried fitting it 3 times, and in every time it goes out that little bit, should I be concerned?

#17 ·
OP are you getting any warnings or CEL lights with the full exhaust system setup? I believe I read somewhere that this exhaust should work with stock settings but of course, its recommended to make some kind of ECU modification to get the maximum performance.

#19 ·
So just a refresh (please do correct me if I'm wrong), if you're going the full alpha t exhaust setup you will need:

1. Obviously, the full exhaust installed :)
2. Disconnecting the servo cables or completely removing the servo all together
3. An ECU flash to make sure the mappings are right for the new full exhaust system
4. Read somewhere about the block off plates or disabling/removal of AIS system?

Anything else I'm missing?

#20 ·
Bumping this thread.

So if one were to go with a full exhaust system would the checklist below cover everything?

1. Install full exhaust
2. Disconnecting the servo cables or completely removing the servo all together (servo buddy shouldn't be needed if ECU is flashed?)
3. Install block off plates and removal of the AIS system to prevent backfiring
4. Install race filter (is this necessary or recommended?)
5. An ECU flash to make sure the mappings are right for the new full exhaust system, disabling AIS system, servo system, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.