Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an alarm on my bike that my friend gave me....it's got the wiring diagram for what i have to connect the wires too (i.e. pink wire goes to turn signal wire).....but i when i took a look at my fuse box in the front of my 05 R6, it's just a huge puzzle to me with different colored wires goin every which way....and i can't really affored to take it to a dealer to get installed cuz it would cost me like $220 just for the labor....so if anyone has a wiring schematic of what colors wires go where (i.e. to ignition switch, blinkers, etc.) that would be a great help....thanks :stupic

·
Registered
376 Posts
I put my Alarm on my bike, it took a little over like 4 or 5 hours... :cuss ...and i put alarms in for a living. Unless you've just got a-lot of free time on your hands, the $200 or so that the dealership is charging really isn't that bad. Oh and nice avitar by the way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the link stoneloco and thats a pretty good point crashdummie...i found a friends' friend that manages a Al and Ed's Autosound place and will install it for $150 flat....definitely better than paying the costs in repairs god forbid i screw sumptin up....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well what alarm aer you installing? my Scorpio alarm was in and working in about an hour when I installed it.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
181 Posts
it took me a good 6-7 hours to hook up my alarm w/ remote start after looking through my service manual. my viper alarm is setup for a car but i installed the same one i have on my car w/ the apging transmitter. i love it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BE4TNUT said:
Well what alarm aer you installing? my Scorpio alarm was in and working in about an hour when I installed it.

BE4TNUT
Well...I wish it was a Scorpio Alarm...can't afford it right now....it's an older alarm that my friend gave me that he bought a few years ago and never installed called Quorum Motorcycle Alarm Model # 41730....i really can't find much info on it...but it has the instructions and everything...

Here are it's features:
- remote arming / disarming (of course)
- Remote Start
- Motorcycle Finder (a feature that flashes the lights for 10 seconds in case i forget where to park it..seems useless to me)
- Panic / Anti Hijack - alarm goes off, lights flash, engine kills, etc.
- Shock Sensor

·
Registered
587 Posts
SHould be all inthe manual bro, good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts