Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while back I bent my stock clip on and I just received my Vortex ones and as I was installing i noticed the throttle and power switch has basically a detente to sit into the stock clip ons which have pre drilled holes for them to go into so they dont move around. What have you guys done about this? Do you just file down those detentes until they're gone? Im concerned about the controls spinning if I do that. What are your suggestions?

Thanks

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Drill a small hole in the clip on so they dont rotate.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
My only concern with that is it limits me to adjust the clip on after
Then dont and just wrap a shitload of teflon tape around it, but itll still move if you push too hard, though Im not sure why you would do that to the little signal doodads things...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Had anyone ever filed those dedents down flush or drilled holes?
I have done both. drilling was the better approach for me.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Drill it. I've had 5 holes in one clipon in the past. No issues.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay. seems like drilling it is the way to go. at least if something goes wrong the replacement bars are only like 17 bucks. thanks for the help

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I buzzed off those little tabs that keep the start button in place. A couple wraps of electrical tape around the clip on, and it won't go anywhere. I suppose if you wanted to be pro active, you'd pre-drill extra clip ons as track spares so you wouldn't have to waste time drilling them if you had to replace them track side...I just took the easier route.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Hardest part of drilling is estimating where to drill the hole.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts