Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my akro exhaust. Do I need a gasket inbetween the pipes? It did not come with one?

·
Registered
419 Posts
You shouldn't need on if it didn't come with one. If you notice an exhaust leak there then you can get some silicone or teflon gasket/sealant from your local bike shop and that will fix it right up. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is a popping sound a sign of an exhaust leak or is that normal for the akro?

BTW it sounds soooo sweet when I'm going!!! I'll post some pics up.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The popping sound you hear when you're slowing down or letting off the throttle is normal. Happens because your fuel injection system isn't exact to the akrapovic exhaust you got. If the popping sound bothers you that much, you can get a power commander (for fuel injected bikes) or a jetkit (for carborated bikes). Not really necessary for just a slip-on, but a must for full systems. Some still like getting a power commander for a slip-on. Up to you on that one.

I don't have one, and I've been riding fine for a couple thousand miles...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I can definately deal with it. Its really no that bad. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't because of an exhaust leak. In other words I just wanted to hear someone say it was normal. Need to get the Dr X fender eliminator kit before I buy a power commander;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a pick... thats my boss's bike behind mine. Same EXACT shit! But he never rides. And my car...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
it looks tight man... gotta get the pivot kit from VFX and DR.X it works wonders. But hey gotta work on your chicken strips...LOL they are hugh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took me abouta an hour... it was a bit of a pain cause not everything lined up EXACT. So it took a little effort. But well worth. It may have takin less than that....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Good call with the reflectors on the rear fender. I did that too until I was able to pick up a fender elim kit. I WANT AN AKRO!!!!!!!! -grumble-grumble-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HAd to get rid of the ones on the front and the back... very ugly! :cuss Now its time for the fender to go bye bye...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts