Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of tool is used to take the bolts off where the frame sliders go on a 05 r6. Nothing i had worked and i dont want to strip them trying. I dont have a yamaha toolkit is there one in there? Can i get one of these at any autostore or does it have to be a motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah you guys are right i was looking at the patern on the face of the bolt. Anyone happen to know what size socket wrench it is. I tried some of the socket wrenches I had but none seemed to grip it. Is it metric or standard.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Dude, put down the wrench and step away from from the bike.

-D
:stupic

But if you choose to persist - it's your mess. It should be metric to answer your question. AS for "ease" of finding Evans coolant - go shopping till you find it and you'll have answered your own question.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:stupic

But if you choose to persist - it's your mess. It should be metric to answer your question. AS for "ease" of finding Evans coolant - go shopping till you find it and you'll have answered your own question.
Thanks I dont want to make a mess of my bike that is why im asking first. I looked at Wally World for evans but I knew they wouldnt have it. I guess a local motorsports shop is the next stop.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
No doubt metric, local dealer should have the coolant, bolts can be replaced but f ing up the hole could be disastrous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts