Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Doctor Speed Lemon,

I have been using forums like these and YouTube to help me make motorcycle repairs for years without ever really contributing to the community until recently since I've had more time on my hands. I will be sharing how to videos on this forum for Maintenance on a 2013 R6 motorcycle as well as modifications. I hope they are helpful and if you notice a better way to do something please feel free to comment.

Stay out of the Grease!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey guys in this episode I show you how to change the oil on a Yamaha R6 motorcycle. The video shows how to undress the bike and proper torque specs, and as an added bonus how to change your bike to GP shift. The bike featured is a 2013 Yamaha R6.

Enjoy,
Dr. Speed Lemon.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Pretty nice set of guides for traditional 3rd Gen modifications and maintenance. 👍

I have a 2nd Gen and have found that the plastic panel push pins (typically used with cars) are perfect for the windscreen.
Hardware and auto parts stores carry them. Picked up mine from Lowes Hardware.
The expeensive OEM WellNuts were delicate and the knock-offs were worthless; just an exercise in frustration.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Re LED Headlight Install...
...those things are OEM quality. Just make sure the transfer the rubber o-ring from the OEM cap.

EDIT:
Also, the LED lights in reflector style housings often blind people. Aiming them down helps, but there's still a lot of bleed-over. THey're only recommended for the projector style housings that are employed with the 2nd Gen bikes. For my 2nd-Gen, I aimed my high-beam all the way down, some amount inward, and run it full time. I've never been flashed and have done a lot of nighttime riding over the many years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts