Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm finishing up my exhaust/PCV install but I'm confused as to what to do with the TPS sensor. Could you guys clarify? Its step 7/8 on this installation guide:

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/22-005/install/pcv/eng22-005.pdf

Am I cutting the TPS wire and splicing the grey wire from the PCV to the blue wire or am I not cutting at all and just wrapping the grey wire around the blue wire? I don't wanna go ahead and cut anything without being sure. Thanks! :sleeping

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Hey guys, I'm finishing up my exhaust/PCV install but I'm confused as to what to do with the TPS sensor. Could you guys clarify? Its step 7/8 on this installation guide:

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/22-005/install/pcv/eng22-005.pdf

Am I cutting the TPS wire and splicing the grey wire from the PCV to the blue wire or am I not cutting at all and just wrapping the grey wire around the blue wire? I don't wanna go ahead and cut anything without being sure. Thanks! :sleeping
You are just tapping into the blue wire. It still has to be connected like it is now. I would recommend soldering it if you have the stuff to do it. The vampire connector they send with it doesn't give the best connection.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
So, you are not cutting any wires correct?
Correct. You either use the supplied wire tap connector one the blue wire and then connect the gray wire from the PCV to it. Or you strip back a little bit of the insulation from the blue wire, remove the connector from the end of the gray wire and solder the two together.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still confused haha, if you wanna connect the blue and gray wires through the suppled wire tap won't you need to cut the blue wire and stick it into the wire tap?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
if you have the supplied connector like these.

You just crimp the connector around the blue wire. It will strip its own small place on the wire when you install it.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
^^ Solder is the best way... True connect right there!

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
Another vote for the solder. All I did was strip back the blue wire then solder the PC wire to it and wrap it up good with electrical tape.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your help guys! Much appreciated! Everythings on and now just gotta fine tune the PCV :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts