Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'M INTERESTED IN GETTING A SCOTTS STEERING DAMPERS FOR MY BIKE.
BEFORE I PURCHASE THIS, I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS EASY TO INSTALL THIS....ANY INSTRUCTIONS WILL HELP.

·
Registered
267 Posts
SzR6717, did you get a good deal on a Scotts or just ponying out the cash for one? i like them and hear they're better than the linear type dampers. but the cost is pretty high for those Scotts.
:flame

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
that is a good price but seeing as how distributors of scott's dampners aren't supposed to advertise prices below $404, I don't know that I'd want to post that up. It's a scotts policy not to sell for below $404 but most people sell them for $404 shipped which is really less than $404 by whatever the shipping is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
penfold, where'd you hear that at?? that's why i asked about the price b/c scotts are expensive wherever i see them. a couple of guys on R1s from a local dealership told me that they're the best and won't break if you slam a wheelie down hard. again, that price is steep unless you plan on riding like you need one.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
took me like 7 minutes to install my Scotts

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
penfold, where'd you hear that at?? that's why i asked about the price b/c scotts are expensive wherever i see them. a couple of guys on R1s from a local dealership told me that they're the best and won't break if you slam a wheelie down hard. again, that price is steep unless you plan on riding like you need one.
actually alot of retailers will post it on their website, and we have had a few post it here on the forum and ive seen it on other forums also. its just a stupid rule that scotts and a couple other manufacturers have for some reason. 399 is not a bad price but i have found em for better on some sites. after i called in that is :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts