Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im a newbie to this forum and bikes in general, i have been wanting a bike for about a year now and from my research it seems like the R6 is the best 600cc bike for me, i am still very young and was wondering how much insurance is on these bikes and how it works? BTW i am 19 and if u know someone who is selling and R6 let me know ;)
im still waiting to take the cycle safty course which i hope i will learn alot from, thanks BTW im in So Cal

·
Registered
106 Posts
It all depends on how long you have had your motorcycle license. I have had mine for 10 years, and I pay $43 a month for a GSX-R1000, and $23 a month for Miraclegrau's 2003 R6. Both are fully covered with all the bennies. Un-insured motorist, roadside assistance, and all that stuff. It also helps if you have a regular vehicle on your policy.
Miraclegrau has had her license for a year now I think, and they quoted her $129 a month.
I use State Farm.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you haven't had your license for very long, or have just a permit, you can take a state motorcycle course, and that should give you a little break with the insurance company. Sometimes having an alarm will help. Tell them it is always garaged, and that you don't put many miles on it a year.
Every little bit helps. You should be able to just ask them what you can do to lower the policy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i did do a search found a lot of info, thanks for the replys, i actually havent gotten my licsense yet so i guess i am screwed.. o well as long as it is 200 or less im alright

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.