Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow its been a while since I've posted. . .

I'm coming up on some pretty big changes in life and in doing so looking at some more insurance coverage and I'm looking more to disability and life insurance.

Auto
Life Insurance (term/whole)
Disability

If I'm at a track event, how does this get affected? If I tell my insurance agent (SF) that I'm planning to go on the track, they will automatically recheck my auto/motor insurance and also probably re-evaluate the life insurance policy (this is the primary reason this question came up). Then does my disability get re-adjusted too?

Are there any hidden lines I should be aware of that actually states that if I take the bike to the track that the insurance, all three, are now void? I guess my concern is more Life insurance and disability.

Has anyone actually explored the repercussions of such an event? Has anyone gotten really f'd because of a loophole? I guess I'll HAVE to bring it up with my agent, but I'm wondering (again regardless of rates) if I should get something like life insurance with someone that is separate from my Auto/Bike Insurance.

Do I have to have a special rider? If I trash the bike, I really couldn't care less about getting it fixed if I couldn't pay for my bills and get some sort of gap insurance for disability; and should I die that my estate is not taken care of because of some stupid line that says, I'm SOL.

rE

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It all depends on the Insurance Company. Just state what you want upfront and ask them if they cover it. If not, then ask about special riders etc. I have heard that some state farm auto/bike policies have the following language written in:
When the Physical Damage Coverages Do Not Apply
..."THERE IS NO COVERAGE WHILE ANY [MOTORCYCLE] INSURED UNDER THIS POLICY IS BEING OPERATED IN, ENGAGED IN PRACTICE, OR WHILE PREPARING FOR ANY HILL-CLIMBING, JUMPING, RACING OR SPEED CONTEST WHETHER THE CONTEST IS IMPROMPTU OR PREARRANGED."

Good luck. :cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts