Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can someone that's 22 or under let me know how much they are paying monthly taxes in for their new or used r6. I got a quote of 316 a month today but its not seasonal its $316 x 12 months.... this doesn't make any sense since in Toronto the ride season is 5 months max... more like 3.4 in reality.

if anyone is in the gta area let me know how much you are paying!! any seasonal insurance companies out their, state farms yearly rates are going to cost me 90% of the bike price.....

if your 30 and you pay 50 bucks a month dont post that lol, its gonna make me even worse :party

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Well you age group does not mean shit, It depends on where you live, where the bike is kept, Crime rates in your area....do you see where I am going here. No 2 rates are the same

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in virtually a crime free area. Its a jewish area of toronto so you can guess how low the crime rate it.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I am 25 yr with a house, 4 cars and now 2 bikes One is Full coverage (R6) and one Lib only(GSXR), I pay 87 a month for my R6 (It went up this year for some reason, I used to pay 24 a mo) Everything else went down to next to nothing. I still pay less than as a whole than I have ever paid in the past just the one went through the roof

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
50? try 20.. lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am 22, male, and clean record (I think, I believe my older violations have fallen off by now). I have a car but my bike is under a different policy.

I live in south Phoenix, and have excellent credit.

I pay ~$800 a year for my R6.

Below are my coverages, you should be able to figure it out. The number in parenthesis is how much that coverage costs me for a premium:

15/30/10 ($126 + $64)
15/30 ($187)
15/30 ($173)
Comprehensive: $1000 deductible ($245)
Collision: none
Accessory coverage: $2,000 (included)

There's some small fees. For those lazy people, monthly would come out to be $67

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
i'm 22. i live in socal LA. low crime rate city. i pay 300 a year for my used r6. i included liability and theft.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
20 live in los angeles pay 1700 a year full coverage. clean record no tickets good credit

·
Premium Member
67 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
yeah i am 21 and i have 03 r6 i payed $254 for a year of only liability from progressive, full year is the way to go monthly will put you at double whatever a full year is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I dont give a shit if I have to pay 1200 a year, even 1500 a year... but 316 bucks x 12= 3792... so 4 grand to insure a bike, thats anal rape right thuuur.. anyone know any decent insurance companies in Canada that is going to charge max 150 a month? and I'll pay the 150 for 12 months but **** man i dont want to pay the ammount of a bike each year, I can afford it but I worked for my money so 4gs a year is a no go .

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Progressive is well advertised but found them to be on the high side. Try GEICO. There are too many variables such as how long you've had your M Endorsement etc. And +1 on canceling your insurance during the winter when it just sits in your garage. I'm one of the fortunate one to be able to ride all year. Hope this helps.

Robin

1 - 20 of 37 Posts