Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 15 and i bought an 07 r6!! yay!
then we found out insurance was going to be 250-300$ a month

I have one at fault accident following to close rear end....

I was wondering if anybody know about any good insurance company's?

I didnt wreck my r6 just my old hyosung 250

·
Registered
60 Posts
its not gonna get all that much cheaper than that. Expect to pay that kind of premium for the next couple of years until you get a little older. Can you even ride at 15 legally???

·
Registered
67 Posts
State Farm... Cant say more. My insurance for full coverage is $40 bucks a month on an 06. THey dont rate you for type of bike, only size, and a 600 is small. Second they dont rate you for accidents or tickets, just prevents you from getting all their discounts, which can be pretty generous. Just get the multiple line, car and bike, and get a 3.0 or better and your insurance will stay low with them.

·
what?
907 Posts
State Farm is the way to go... unfortunately because of your age... it's probably not gonna get any cheaper...
my coverage is very high and i only pay $500/year.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's rough, but I have to agree with above, at 15 it's going to be really tough for you do get a good rate, especially since you've already totalled a bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
massRaven said:
That's rough, but I have to agree with above, at 15 it's going to be really tough for you do get a good rate, especially since you've already totalled a bike. Good luck.

oh man thats not what i want to hear lol but eh too bad for me

we found this all out after we got the bike... ill try state farm and see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts