Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Flowing Free
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these for my 05': http://www.tobefast.com/customled-taillight-03-05-r6-pr-97.html
Does anyone know if these are any good and how they are to install? If anyone can recommend some that are good otherwise for lower price that would be great also.
Also, looking for fender eliminator, but do not know much about these and there are a lot of choices it seems in my research. I am looking for one that will relocate the plate further under the tail above the tire. Anyone know where I can find one of those?
Thanks a bunch :YEA

·
Zoom
377 Posts
There was a thread not too long ago about this. It said something about ideas for an 03 to 05.

This was the best thing that came outta there I think

http://www.barelylegalaccessories.com/

I like this idea but the lil plastic plate to go over the holes left behind looks cheap if you ask me. I thought about doing a CA integrated tail, Hotbodies undetail, and then this kit. Would have cost a pretty penny, so I didn't I have a rumble concept fender eliminator that I hacked the turn signal brackets off, and I am waiting on that F--k up company CA to get their shi_ together and have a smoke integrated light for my 05 in stock.

The rumble concept is pricey, but I think it looks really good. It has a laser cut R6 in it and it comes with a LED to light the tag. Stock placement with the holes. Adds a litlle style to something that can get bland.

We got kinda boned having 05s. The 07 and up have a plug that fits in place of the jungle gym fender the factory sent out. They also have the plastics "rivets" on the undertail up by the hugger line up perfectly with most cycle plates. Oh well.

·
F**k Yo Couch!!!!!
1,758 Posts
Yup. Very good light. I have it on my 05. Very easy install. You just may want to spend 20 more dollars and get the flash module to replace the factory one and slow down the blink rate because that light speeds it up a good bit. Heres a pic of the intergrated tail and a fender eliminator on my 05.

·
Flowing Free
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice looking bike, you got the same slipon I got:YEA.
Thanks for the reply on those lights. I will probably go with what you said. As for the fender elim. I like it, but wanted one where the plate was much further back under the tail. I'll see if I can find a picture :popcorn:.

·
F**k Yo Couch!!!!!
1,758 Posts
Just be carefull when you install them. I broke my stock one taking it out. The fender eliminator can be flipped so that the license plate angles the other way. Not sure if thats what you meant. I def. reccomend the light tho.

·
Flowing Free
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Something like this:

For '05:

Or this style from later years:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts