Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a diagram to hook a integrated tail up by hard wiring for an r6 tail. Previous owner cut off the original plugs/connectors and now i'm so confused.

help please

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
What integrated tail light do you have? Mine was the same way, so I cut off the stock connector from my oil tail light and soldier/electric taped it.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
custom led. all the wires are disconnected due to my stupidity. the brown/black/dark green are just there, and the cusotmled main plug is different then the stock plug for the tail light.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i keep blowing a fuse as well. The tail light light up, so i connected the brown, black, and yellow, and it blew a fuse. so i can't get the indicators to work... also where can i buy 10W fuses

I have a customled relay. Connected

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i may have it i just need a fuse. My step dad told me what he thinks it should be... so I'll try it when i get a fuse... fingers crossed.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I have a thread on here somewhere where I had this issue as well, figured it out by messing around with it a little.

Ground is always the darker color. Your local autozone or any car shop will carry fuses.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my step dad was right... but new issue... i can't connect my alarm now (sr-i900) I t-tabbed into my tail... grey - indicators, so blue and yellow on the tail, black to black... but orange to what? orange is suppose to go to tail, i tapped into white, and red on the tail and neither works. Where the hell am i suppose to tap into it for it to work?! anyone?

thanks

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
my step dad was right... but new issue... i can't connect my alarm now (sr-i900) I t-tabbed into my tail... grey - indicators, so blue and yellow on the tail, black to black... but orange to what? orange is suppose to go to tail, i tapped into white, and red on the tail and neither works. Where the hell am i suppose to tap into it for it to work?! anyone?

thanks
Should be 5 Wires, Running for Tail (Tail light to be on all times), Another for it to light up, Ground wire. One for left Turn Signal and the other for the right turn signal.

The turn signal's don't require a ground because it's using the tail light's ground.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should be 5 Wires, Running for Tail (Tail light to be on all times), Another for it to light up, Ground wire. One for left Turn Signal and the other for the right turn signal.

The turn signal's don't require a ground because it's using the tail light's ground.
yeah, so for the alarm, black to black, (ground), grey to blue (signal) grey to yellow (signal) then orange to what? Red or white? I've tried both and nothing works. I'm going to call scorpio tomorrow and see if they can help me out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts