Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sorry if this is on here, but I can’t seem to find anything about it anywhere... I just purchased my 2008 Yamaha R6S and I’m having issues with the integrated tail light. When I turn the ignition on all is well and it works great. However, as soon as I start the bike the running red leds fade into nothing and there is no light, the brake and turn signals work okay, but when the bike is running there is no running red led after it fades to black in about 5 seconds. Anyone know what’s up or have had this happen? I checked all the connections and they seem good. I don’t know if it’s just the light or what???

·
Registered
16 Posts
The connections are probably fine but it sounds like the resistor is faulty could be wrong but a resistor changes the power voltage from 12v to whatever the tail lights need possibly 5v not that you needed to know that but here’s what you can do you find the problem!! Get a volt meter and test the voltage before the resister, after and at the tail light also check the fuses on your bike and this sounds stupid but check the terminals on your battery make sure the correct positive and positive negative and negative And check the wires for your tail lights and make sure they’re on positive and positive and negative one negative

1 - 2 of 2 Posts