Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times. But how good are the integrated tail lights from Amazon/eBay ? I've been looking at getting the competition werkes tail lights but I don't really want to splice wires. And I haven't been able to see the shadow ones on a 2011 r6. I've seen some cheap ones on amazon but I don't find myself convinced. I want to get a oem look, so I want them to be clear, no smoke or black look . And I'm not trying to be cheap lol so if it 100 or 30 it won't really make or break me. I just want something that works and looks good at the same time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? I didn't know that, I ended up looking at a lot of different ones, I figured I go with the moto dynamics one. I was able to see lots of videos as to what they look like mounted , and I don't have to splice wires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out TST Industries. I picked up a damaged one from them (A tab was broken, but fixed) for 40 bucks I think. It is the clear model, looks identical to OEM.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Wow ticket for led tail lights in NJ? That's a little strict

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
It varies from town to town. They can impound your bike for having your plate down at the swingarm or bent under the tail also. My cousin got both of those tickets for a total of 215 with court fees. He also had to get his bike toed to his house.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I picked up my integrated tail light for pretty cheap on ebay. I've had it for over a year with zero problems and no wire splicing or soldering. All plug and play.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Looks clean, I like it. Out of curiosity does NJ have any laws about license plate visibility. I am picking up my bike from a guy in NJ and his plate was so far tucked up underneath that you could only see it by bending down and looking under. I am from PA and i wonder if this will be a problem for me and if i will have to look into one of these fender elims that bring the plate closer to the tail. I think he had the integrated tail light. I am not even sure that is legal here, but we will find out after my first couple rides past some coppers.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Looks clean, I like it. Out of curiosity does NJ have any laws about license plate visibility. I am picking up my bike from a guy in NJ and his plate was so far tucked up underneath that you could only see it by bending down and looking under. I am from PA and i wonder if this will be a problem for me and if i will have to look into one of these fender elims that bring the plate closer to the tail. I think he had the integrated tail light. I am not even sure that is legal here, but we will find out after my first couple rides past some coppers.

Just bend the plate itself and the bottom of the undertail towards the shock is a good mount point. Bending the plate let's it be a bit more visible. FTP tho bro. They don't stop us for that crap but do bitch about it when they do have you stopped.

Unclear plate ticket is no big deal. They generally are just happy we stopped and had all our paperwork straight.

:YEA

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Just bend the plate itself and the bottom of the undertail towards the shock is a good mount point. Bending the plate let's it be a bit more visible. FTP tho bro. They don't stop us for that crap but do bitch about it when they do have you stopped.

Unclear plate ticket is no big deal. They generally are just happy we stopped and had all our paperwork straight.

:YEA
Good to know, thanks. Yea but i hate giving them any reason to bother me. Leave me alone and let me enjoy my ride! I won't worry about it till they start really pissing me off and stopping me all the time. The cops around here are so d*** bored they will pull you over for this kind of crap all the time. FTP is right!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Had a motodynamic taillight on my 06 and loved it. They just now got stock back for the 12 so I bought another one. Easy install and look great. Really doesn't break the bank either, I think I paid $80 shipped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts