Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a integrator kit in my tail lights. I'm having trouble with it!! :comp !! If i have the running lights on, the lights do not blink.and without the running lights I can't get it to blink when the brakes are applied plus i dont have runing lights for the night. :comp

I emailed the guy i bought it from and he said that the "load" changed on the circuitry (or something like that) and the integrator kit "doesn't like it." He said i can buy a relay flasher from Libertek that will accept any load.

But thats $40 more dollars i dont want to spend. Do you guys know what to do?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Just tracked my fedex shipment today for my integrator kit and it should arrive soon today. I'll let you know if I have the same problems once I get it installed. From what I've read, the LED's draw less power than the stock incandecent (sp?) bulbs, which to the stock relay, makes it appear as if a bulb is burnt out which makes the bulb flash faster (or not at all in your case) to alert the rider that a bulb is burnt out. What the new LED's need is something that adds resistance to the circuit so that it draws more current thereby fooling the stock circuitry into thinking that the stock light has been replaced. I know CustomLED ( http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/THE_EQUALIZER/the_equalizer.htm#StageII) sells load equalizers for like $10 that are tap connectors that snap over the existing wiring. Maybe you might be able to pick up some at a local electronics store?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Just installed mine and the only "problem" I have which I knew I would before hand was the fast flash rate customled said I'd have. To me it's not a big deal since it's a little different than everyone elses blinkers. Although I did inadvertantly short out my license plate lights (bump the open connector into the a bolt) and blew the headlight fuse so I didn't have running lights or a headlight but had brake and blinkers. Just waiting for my pivot kit so I can hook up the license plate lights and then I can button her up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for helping.

Can you take a picture?

what kind of front turn signals do you have?

The guy i bought it from said that after market turnsignals blink at a different rate, so it messed up the "load" that the stock flasher cant handle or something. As a result i cant have running lights

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
ya, I'll post a vid of it once I get the pivot kit installed and everything closed up. I have the stock blinkers up front still. They have the sped up flash rate as well. Figuring when I step up to flush mounts with customled inserts, I'll have to order the load equalizer since the load will be very low and they probably won't blink but maybe stay on the whole time once you hit the blinker. As for not having running lights, you should be able to have them. I have them. That just seems wierd to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts